Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my R4 and satisfied, but wondering.

Thanks

Default Got my R4 and satisfied, but wondering.

I am gonna try to win the wi-fi connector on Ebay tommorrow for a good price, but that is beside this point. How do I use cheats on it? I know it comes with it, but I have no clue how to set it up. Also, how do I set up nesDS? I am selling the only game I haven't already sold for the DS on Ebay now that I have it and it works, Final Fantasy III, will probably list it tommorrow. I am also currently selling some other stuff so check out the link if interested.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ing&smGHR=true

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greendayrulestc View Post
    I am gonna try to win the wi-fi connector on Ebay tommorrow for a good price, but that is beside this point. How do I use cheats on it? I know it comes with it, but I have no clue how to set it up. Also, how do I set up nesDS? I am selling the only game I haven't already sold for the DS on Ebay now that I have it and it works, Final Fantasy III, will probably list it tommorrow. I am also currently selling some other stuff so check out the link if interested.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ing&smGHR=true
    to use cheats before you launch the game press y or click on the screen where it says cheats....

for some emu's they must be patched use the attached tool to make it work

and i would suggest updating to 1.11 firmware as the firmware that is shipped with r4 is only 1.8 which is why some newer games like zelda won't work

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo...11_English.rar
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

For one you could have just linked him to R4's official download page for the firmware update and 2 version 1.11 already has automatic DLDI patching so all you do is load the unpatched rom in the DS and it patches it for you if it can.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

I updated the firmware already, I never used the CD, but when I use that cheat option, it says are you sure you want to delete the game? I tried it anyway, and it deleted the game....something is wrong. I redownloaded it though.

Thanks

It deleted the game? How did that happen. I've used the cheats before and it never asked me that. Are you sure you're doing it right?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Well no, but the games work fine and so do the saves, cheating is not my priority, and I might not actually even use it in the games, would just be nice to learn how to use or be able to get a Pokemon here and there. Do I have to download the cheats or anything?

EDIT: I press Y on the game, it asks if I want to delete the game, I tried once, and it just deleted it like said it would, I have seen it work, it should bring up a menu, I don't know what is wrong though.
    Last edited by greendayrulestc; 3rd-October-2007 at 23:40.

Thanks

The cheat list is already in a file in the updated firmware and contains all the latest Action Replay DS codes. If a game is in the list when you highlight it in the menu it will give you an option to use cheats on the touch screen. Just select it and choose the cheats you want then choose save and exit. The cheats will remain active until you turn them off manually in the menu the next time you go to load the game.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

you can either click on the game icon on the touch screen, or touch the cheat button.... do that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    The cheat list is already in a file in the updated firmware and contains all the latest Action Replay DS codes. If a game is in the list when you highlight it in the menu it will give you an option to use cheats on the touch screen. Just select it and choose the cheats you want then choose save and exit. The cheats will remain active until you turn them off manually in the menu the next time you go to load the game.
    I do that, except it doesn't go to that, I will reinstall and try it again, but right now I am gonna try to win an wi fi connector for my ds, the auction ends in 10 min. so I will try once it's over, win or lose.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    you can either click on the game icon on the touch screen, or touch the cheat button.... do that
    I touched the cheat button and it works lol, I pressed Y instead like it says, thanks, wow I feel stupid.

Thanks

Just so you know that Wi-Fi Connector will only work for commercial games so if you get any homebrew you will not be able to get internet access on them unless you get an actual wifi router.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    Just so you know that Wi-Fi Connector will only work for commercial games so if you get any homebrew you will not be able to get internet access on them unless you get an actual wifi router.
    or a wifi max usb thingie... i think so atleast

Thanks

homebrew? Can I use it for ROMs downloaded at 1rom.net (I thought I could)? Also, how to I set up nesDS? There was a video tutorial on Youtube I was gonna use but, it got removed because of a copyright claim.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

You can follow an online tutorial and hack the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter to connect to any device. Which means that it'll connect to homebrew as well as actual games. That's how I have mine set up.

For nesDS,
    I recommend downloading nesDS WIP 1:
    http://www.zshare.net/download/40030056483663/

I don't know if you'll have to dldi patch it or not, first try it without patching, then if it doesn't load, dldi patch it.

On your card, make a folder called NES, place your roms inside of it, place nesDS on the root of your card. When you launch nesDS, you should be able to select which rom you wish to play.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    You can follow an online tutorial and hack the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter to connect to any device. Which means that it'll connect to homebrew as well as actual games. That's how I have mine set up.

For nesDS,
    I recommend downloading nesDS WIP 1:
    http://www.zshare.net/download/40030056483663/

I don't know if you'll have to dldi patch it or not, first try it without patching, then if it doesn't load, dldi patch it.

On your card, make a folder called NES, place your roms inside of it, place nesDS on the root of your card. When you launch nesDS, you should be able to select which rom you wish to play.
    Is there a in depth tutorial or even a basic one that explains the wi-fi and also the NES, I couldn't get NES to work and I cannot find a tutorial for wi-fi. Also, are you guys sure I have to hack the connection in order to play downloaded games? If so, I really, really, need to know how to.
    Last edited by greendayrulestc; 4th-October-2007 at 01:16.