Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS3 and XMB

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS3 and XMB

How does the PS3's XMB compare to the 360's dashboard in-game? I really like how on a 360 you can just hit the middle button and check messages, send voice mail, or start private chats with friends all while playing a game. Is the PS3's XMB similar or have similar capabilities?

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't access the XMB in game right now, but it should be coming out in a future update soon. They have already shown it working on the unreleased firmware versions.

Thanks
    EP Points

kick ass! that was one of my biggest concerns with how the ps3 would work. i should be getting one around march of '08, thats around the time mgs4 and the dualshock3 is coming out. (i hope mgs4 makes use of the dualshock3 controllers)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    (i hope mgs4 makes use of the dualshock3 controllers)
    it already does

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    it already does
    even better! i thought it hadn't been confirmed yet as to whether or not it would use it

Thanks
    EP Points

kick ass! that was one of my biggest concerns with how the ps3 would work. i should be getting one around march of '08, thats around the time mgs4 and the dualshock3 is coming out. (i hope mgs4 makes use of the dualshock3 controllers)
    It does. Here is what 1up said about playing MGS4 at TGS. The PS3 truly shows the rumble is last gen.

We did enjoy the various rumble effects employed by the new Dual Shock 3 controller, though: As explosions rattled around Snake, we could actually feel the direction from which they were coming based on what part of the controller virbated. Overall, the controls feel incredibly streamlined and accessible, while still retaining the precise movement and aiming fans have come to expect from the franchise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It does. Here is what 1up said about playing MGS4 at TGS. The PS3 truly shows the rumble is last gen.
    better yet watch it

09/21/2007 Episode 103 http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3145462

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    why do people still think that the 360 is better than the ps3? the more i hear about the ps3, the more i want one over any other system.

Thanks

why do people still think that the 360 is better than the ps3? the more i hear about the ps3, the more i want one over any other system.
    wtf, that comment means the ps3 rumble is a good thing... just watch the link i posted

Thanks
    EP Points

Wait till Home becomes available. I predict most PS3 users will just park themselves in Home and never game again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Wait till Home becomes available. I predict most PS3 users will just park themselves in Home and never game again
    this just in, sprung purchases a van and paints home on the side hoping young children will enter and forget all their troubles..... until sprung introduces Mr. trouble to them :O

sorry for off topic.... i contributed enough

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch

wtf, that comment means the ps3 rumble is a good thing... just watch the link i postedwtf, that comment means the ps3 rumble is a good thing... just watch the link i posted
    I know, im saying that the more great things i hear about the PS3, the more i realize how much better it is compared to the other systems.

Thanks
    EP Points

this just in, sprung purchases a van and paints home on the side hoping young children will enter and forget all their troubles..... until sprung introduces Mr. trouble to them :O

sorry for off topic.... i contributed enough
    You're the only one so far that has called it 'home'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You're the only one so far that has called it 'home'
    thats cus it feels like home to me

Thanks

You know I always find it funny how everyone keeps talking about these system's "features" yet noone ever seems to compare how they are as far as what they were meant to do in the first place...play games. Sure the PS3 may be the most powerful system right now but the reason it is in last place is because it's being promoted as everything but a gaming console and the 360 and Wii have tons of adds for games. PS3 keeps talking about Blu-ray, internet access and media capability but I haven't really see too much as far as it's games except for the PS3 logo on game ads that are also for the 360. However I bet that the video we're seeing is on a 360.

If someone here can contridict me then I'll shut up. I may be a geek but even I can see when technology has gone too far. Although my question now is why the hell has Sony waited this long to include rumble in the first place?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel