Thread: i want to play games on my T-89, but

Thanks
    EP Points

Default i want to play games on my T-89, but

everytime i plug it in, and try to connect it says:cannot find a device. please ensure your device is securely connected and turned on. Then press refresh.

i do, and it still says the same thing . how do i fix this. all i want to do is play some games on it. i have the T-89 titanium 1 so yeah...please help me....

Thanks
    EP Points

What operating system are you using?

Also, do you mean TI-89 by chance?
    Last edited by Panda Man; 1st-October-2007 at 02:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

OS as in windows or what?(Windows XP)
    T-89 Titanium

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm, you've installed the software right? Make sure the USB cable is hooked up correctly into a working USB port and that the calculator is on and set to USB mode (I don't know how to do this btw, sorry)

Thanks
    EP Points

sadly there is no software. well there a CD, but it links u up to the internet for a tutorial, i have evryhting they said i need to download. i'll have to try it later, although i doubt it will work, since it did it like 11ty billion times and their support sucks, i think u have to buy a cd..it's lame.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seriously? It's been a long time since I used my TI-89 for games or anything like that, but we definitely got a CD with everything you needed, software included, in the manual. Well, let's see...
    Ah, good, the old site still exists. Here is a guide to it, including these handy-dandy software entries. There's also a bunch of utilities, games, and that sorta stuff in the file archives, if you wanted more of those. I never had anything like the specific problem you're describing, but we'll see if these don't help at all. You've set up all the software to read at the right ports, right?

Oh gods, I remember ZShell and Usgard...that was so much fun back in the day. I still have the serial cable with parallel adapter, too.
    Last edited by Mistral; 1st-October-2007 at 23:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

but i have the TI connect. when i go on it it says, say a program on the TI connect it say looking 4 the device.i make sure the cal is on then it says cannot find a device. please ensure your device is securely connected and turned on. Then press refresh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmmm, I'm not really sure. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Thanks
    EP Points

where could i find Shells?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The website I linked to has them in the File Archives, under 89/Assembly (asm)/shells here. Assembly games are under games inthe asm subfolder, science utilities under science, math programs under math, and so on. Glad you got it working.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wink

actually my friend's taking a crack on this. he has t-84 or something a knows how to put games on. although here is his e-mail he wrote me:

If I can't help you get games on your calc I will research it and give it a try another day.okay. This just frustrates me because if you had bought a TI-83 plus, TI-83 Silver edition,TI-84,or TI-84 plus I would be able to get them on there without a problem. But since I have zero experience working with the TI-89 titanium I have to just wing it. I mostly have used the previously mentioned versions so I never have had a chance to figure the TI-89 out. I will try my best. At my previous school every student HAD to have at least a TI-83 plus their Freshman year, I had one myself and then I realized that it was possible to play Game Boy level games on my Calc. I tinkered with the idea and then made it happen. My friends then at lunch of course saw my games and wanted them so using my link cable I gave them the games. This little service has helped my learn of how to use my Calc to do so much.

just a bit of info.

if anybody wants to help him....help me?.....