Thread: Can't get Rayman to run in ePSXe 1.6.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Can't get Rayman to run in ePSXe 1.6.0

Since my old Rayman (original) CD-ROM won't work in Windows XP (says I have no sound card XD), I thought I'd play the PSX version under ePSXe. But there's a problem... I could get the game started, but at the Ubi Soft screen the game hangs, and there is no music or sound. I Googled for a solution (yay me! ), and came across a few pages in French. I translated those, but they were hard to understand. I saw some recommendations of setting up options for video, audio, and CD-ROM plugins, and I changed what I could make out from the page, but the game still fails to start. Here's a heap of helpful info:

Running: Rayman US bin CD-ROM image
    Available video plugins: Pete's D3D Driver 1.76, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76
    Available audio plugins: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2, Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
    Available CD-ROM plugins: ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2
    Operating system: Windows XP SP2

I know a lot of people have had this same problem, but the ePSXe compatibility list says that Rayman runs 100% perfect. Any pointers on how to get this game running? I already tried enabling the SPU IRQ hack in the sound plugin, but unlike Crash Team Racing (when the hack actually fixed the title screen problem), it didn't work.

If any of you can help me out, that would be a big help. Thanks a lot!

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using pSX?

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

If using ePSXe 1.5.2, try 1.6.0, if using 1.5.2, try using 1.6.0

Thanks
    EP Points

I said I was using 1.6.0 in the topic title.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

did you try 1.5.2?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    did you try 1.5.2?
    Yes, and it still didn't work. The compatibility list I looked at was this one, and again, it says Rayman runs 100% perfect with P.E.Op.S. SoftGPU. I'm guessing you need that video plugin, and after 30 minutes of searching (All the links I came accross were either for Linux or were broken, it's rediculous), I think I found the right one. It's name is "gpuPeopsSoft.dll". So I tried it out, but still nothing!! Since the Ubi Soft music doesn't play when it hangs, I'm guessing it's a sound plugin (SPU) problem. Can somebody else help me with this? I tried eveything I knew to try and I'm still getting nowhere.

Edit: Nevermind, mods can close this thread now. I found a DOSbox exploit of the game that runs perfectly.
    Last edited by Crash; 2nd-October-2007 at 16:17.