Thread: how do i get nyko joystick to work with my pc?

Thanks

Default how do i get nyko joystick to work with my pc?

my friend bought over his joystick to my house one day.when I plugged it in though,here's the error message I got:"one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned,and windows does not recognize it.for assistance in solving this problem,click this message."the name of the joystick is Nyko Air Flo pc.when i clicked the message it said unknown device.is there anyway I can get this joystick to work with my computer?when I plug in my logitech joystick,they work with no problem,just plug and play.
    Does anybody know how I can get this Nyko joystick to work with my computer?I have windows xp

Thanks
    EP Points

Try installing these drivers-

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=33

If that doesn't help your friend needs to hook it back up to his PC to make sure the joystick is working.

Thanks

I installed the drivers but I still got the same error message when I try to plug in the joystick.another thing the joystick is a Nyko air flo pc,I dont have the nyko air flo ex.maybe its the wrong drivers or something.those drivers are for the ex version you gave me.another thing i noticed when I plug it in a little red light comes on on the controller so I know it works.any other suggestions?please reply when you get a chance.

where can i get the drivers for the original version of nyko air flo pc,not the ex one?
    Last edited by Reezy; 28th-September-2007 at 17:28.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

"It has an extra long cable, handy for those who like to kick back when playing. Another convenience of the Air Flo is that there no need for any pesky driver disk. Simply plug the Air Flo controller into any available USB port, and you are ready to go."
    Source:
    http://www.ugo.com/channels/tech/fea...lo/default.asp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    "It has an extra long cable, handy for those who like to kick back when playing. Another convenience of the Air Flo is that there no need for any pesky driver disk. Simply plug the Air Flo controller into any available USB port, and you are ready to go."
    Source:
    http://www.ugo.com/channels/tech/fea...lo/default.asp
    that information you gave me is not true,well actually the part about pluggin it in is not true at all.if that was the case then I would have never made this thread.here's the error message I got when I plugged it in:"ONE OFTHE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED,AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT.FOR ASSISTANCE IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM,CLICK THIS MESSAGE. "
    Thats the same exact controller I have though thats in that picture.but what you sayin about plug it in and play is not true at all.
    Can anybody tell me how I can get this controller to work with my computer?

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't find anything regarding "nyko air flo pc" other than that review.

That only works if windows has preloaded drivers, if they are missing then you'll still need drivers .

Just because the red light comes on doesn't mean it's working, that just means it powered, which is a case that the USB port is working correctly Try it on another PC just to make sure, if it malfunctions then I'd consider getting a new unit.

EDIT - The error message is signaling a faulty controller, so it may just not work

Thanks

I dont have any access to any other computers right now.i think you right i probably need the windows preloaded drivers.do u know where I can get those drivers?
    if it is something thats wrong with the controller then how do I fix it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    that information you gave me is not true,well actually the part about pluggin it in is not true at all.if that was the case then I would have never made this thread.here's the error message I got when I plugged it in:"ONE OFTHE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED,AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT.FOR ASSISTANCE IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM,CLICK THIS MESSAGE. "
    Thats the same exact controller I have though thats in that picture.but what you sayin about plug it in and play is not true at all.
    Can anybody tell me how I can get this controller to work with my computer?
    Afraid it is true:
    http://www.nyko.com/nyko/support/pro...x?t=tips&i=100

That's from the manufacturer's site.
    So, try out every one of the trouble-shooting tips it suggests there.

Thanks

its probably true,but not true for every computer.If it was then I wouldnt be getting the error message that Im getting.I went to control panel,game controllers and it didnt even have the joystick.so therefore Im right,Its not true.Its not true for every computer cuz if it was then it should be working on mine.my computer doesnt even recognize the usb device for the nyko controlller.

Im trying some of the things they saying in the troubleshooting tips but its not helping.I dont know,maybe its the joystick or something.when I get access to another computer Im try to see if it works on there
    Last edited by Reezy; 28th-September-2007 at 19:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Then you don't have the necessary Windows drivers properly installed on your PC.

So, do as that page suggests:

Since this controller works with existing Windows drivers, no additional drivers are needed. If your HID drivers are properly loaded , it should automatically recognize the controller as an HID device, and as a 4 axis 13 button gamepad. If your drivers are not correctly installed you may have to reinstall them from your Windows disc, or download updated drivers from the Microsoft web site.

Ttry updating your drivers from within Windows by doing this:
    Select Start Menu
    Select Settings (skip step this in Windows XP)
    Select Control panel
    Select System (in Windows XP, next choose Hardware)
    Select Device Manager
    Select Human Interface Device from list
    Select USB Human Interface device and double-click
    Click on Driver
    Click on Update driver

This should check your system for drivers and update it. Click finish

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    its probably true,but not true for every computer.If it was then I wouldnt be getting the error message that Im getting.I went to control panel,game controllers and it didnt even have the joystick.so therefore Im right,Its not true.Its not true for every computer cuz if it was then it should be working on mine.my computer doesnt even recognize the usb device for the nyko controlller.

Im trying some of the things they saying in the troubleshooting tips but its not helping.I dont know,maybe its the joystick or something.when I get access to another computer Im try to see if it works on there
    Usually if a driver is just missing the add new hardware wizard pops up or or a balloon tip comes up telling you that it found new hardware, not that the device has malfunctioned.

Have your friend take it back to his house and try it one more time, because the controller sounds damaged. If it is your likely not going to be able to repair it without an electrician or something, you'd be better off returning it or buying a new one.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had to return the same controller.

It wouldnt work as a controller but the "airflow" worked.

I took it back and got a PSX to usb thingy,
    works great.