Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need advice with burning a PS2 game

Thanks

Default need advice with burning a PS2 game

My friend recently downloaded a Japanese game from a Chinese forum and the format of the file is MDS/MDF.

However when I try to burn it using Alcohol 120% it says that the file format is not recognized. At first I thought there might be a problem with the MDS file itself but I can mount it using Daemon Tools without any problems. Does anyone know if Alcohol 120% has problems burning MDS files please?

The size of the game is around 2gb and I am using Verbatim discs which I have never had any problems with in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by seryass View Post
    My friend recently downloaded a Japanese game from a Chinese forum and the format of the file is MDS/MDF.

However when I try to burn it using Alcohol 120% it says that the file format is not recognized. At first I thought there might be a problem with the MDS file itself but I can mount it using Daemon Tools without any problems. Does anyone know if Alcohol 120% has problems burning MDS files please?

The size of the game is around 2gb and I am using Verbatim discs which I have never had any problems with in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.
    Alcohol *should* burn MDF/MDS, since the image was made with Alcohol, but sometimes it refuses to. I would recommend IMGBurn from www.imgburn.com

Thanks
    EP Points

If it mounted fine then re-rip the image with Alcohol 120%, to mdf/mds again? Then burn it from the *new* disc image.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Alcohol *should* burn MDF/MDS, since the image was made with Alcohol, but sometimes it refuses to. I would recommend IMGBurn from www.imgburn.com
    ImgBurn is hands down one of the BEST burning programs I've come across. It was created by the same people who made DVD Decrypter, which was just awesome in itself

Trust me, its all you're EVER gonna need for burning/making copies

Edit Am just so happy I finally found a thing that makes good'ol ISO images rather than making some shitty .nrg, .bin or .mds files

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

hm..imgburn?, here's hoping it's able to burn at slow speeds.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by HiryuXIII View Post
    hm..imgburn?, here's hoping it's able to burn at slow speeds.
    IMGBurn will go as slow as 1X on my drive...every other program I use only goes down to 8X on the same drive.

Thanks

IMGBurn will go as slow as 1X on my drive...every other program I use only goes down to 8X on the same drive.
    WIN!!! Am loving this program more day by day. This slowing down feature helps out a lot if you're burning console games, aka the slower the better

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    WIN!!! Am loving this program more day by day. This slowing down feature helps out a lot if you're burning console games, aka the slower the better
    Yep
    I burn my Gamecube ISOs at 1X, and they're all perfect. When I was trying to use Nero and/or Alcohol for the Cube, I ended up with a few coaster. (not TOO many, but still...)

Thanks

fukken awesome, i'm so downloading this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup. ImgBurn blows the competition out of the water. I don't use Alcohol 120% nor do I use Nero, now. I've discovered ImgBurn!!

Thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone. Got it to work now.

Thanks

Question regarding the quality of DVDs used when burning games, I have a pack of the Maxwell brand. Will those suffice for burning PS2 games? I'd rather not spend extra but if need be I'll try to find a place with the Verbatim brand.

Thanks

You mean Maxell? Yes that and Memorex as well as Sony and several others are considered the top quality brands of discs. Verbatim I think comes in just below that but only by a very small amount. I think I still have a few Verbatim discs that I made that still run perfectly after many years of use. Of course they are hard to find now as it seems you have discovered.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

i got a 100 pack of verbatim from here last week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&name=VERBATIM

they have most brands
    SIG REMOVED.

Thanks

eh...sorry for the thread necromancy..but for some reason imgburn doesn't want to burn this .mds image i got, becuase it says "only single track images are supported"...hahaha, wtf.