Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Problems #1&2

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't tell if anything's really slowing you down...

At any rate, you can try Frame Skipping in pSX if it isn't enabled already. That could speed it up a little.

DeViOuS Guest

You know what, after playing around with some of the options, I've got i to work. I used a different video plugin and changed a few options around, now everything's working great. This is with the epsxe 1.5.2 one. It's getting close to the point where it last crashed, so hopefully it'll ork this time, if not, i'll be back complaining. Thanks for your time and support evans, I appeciate it. =]

Hmm..okay, well the part that crashed, didn't this time. I think I've finally done it. However, the battle screen is really slow when it coems up, and the start of the battle is too. It kinda picks up momentum through-out the battle but it's still slow. When i first tried the new vid plugin, it was extremely fast, like unbelievably fast lol. All i did was hit the "Nice" button and that was that. Is there any configs I need to make sure the battle system is properly configed? The cinematics and regular gameplay is proper speed. Thanks.
    Last edited by mydyingautumn; 19th-September-2007 at 14:44.

DeViOuS Guest

Default FFIX Problem #2

Hey all, I hate to make a new thread about a similar problem, but this is a new problem and I don't know how to delete a post.

Anyways.

I've been playing FFIX for a bit now, i'm not far at all, but i'm driven to madness by all the problems i'm having. For past problems and results, look at my other thread. This problem is, the screen is blocky. There's little blocks here and there of other screen of the game it seems like. I've tried different things, but it won't go away. I tried different plug-ins and it's not there, however, the battle screen is extremely slow and not fun at all. The battle screen in the Peter Open gl thing i'm using, isn't very fast either and seems very slow and fast at times, i don't know if i'm using he right config, or if there's some thing i can change so it runs perfectly. I just want to play this damn game . My specs are high enough, it's been checked, and the video plugins are below. Please, if anyone, could check this and look to see if something should be changed or not, I want this to run smooth and normal.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks
    EP Points

You didn't need to make another thread.

As you did before, copy your settings in your next post.

Thanks

If you still want to use pSX then upgrade to version 1.13 as the sound for FFIX was fixed in version 1.11 for this game. I have videos on my YouTube channel of this game running it 1.11.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

DeViOuS Guest

Ok, I'll give it a whirl. However, i have a saved and loaded state in my FFIX, not a memory card (i don't know how to work that, it never saves when i turn off the power) but at least when i press f1, i can go back to that spot). How can I transfer my save file? And how can I save to a memory card? Thanks all.

Thanks

You have to use a memory card save or the game will eventually crash or the save state could get corrupted so try to make a memory card save as soon as you can so you don't have to start all over again. Just save the game like you would on a real PlayStation as the memory cards are already set up on ePSXe.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You save in-game at a designated Save Point or on the Overworld.
    That's how you save to the memory card.

And you don't turn off the power.
    You press ESC to exit the game window and bring up the GUI, then go to File > Exit.

Try closing it properly and see if ePSXe retains your memcard saves.

DeViOuS Guest

i just saved at a kupo thing, and after i saved to the mem, i pressed esc, and then file - exit, and then loaded the iso, and let it run through the begining and pressed continue, but itsaid there was no save file, luckily i saved the state. what do i do?

EDIT

Not only that, when i loaded my game, it was slow and coppy. This is getting old, I just want to play damnit
    Last edited by mydyingautumn; 19th-September-2007 at 23:02.

Thanks
    EP Points

Download and unzip these files to ePSXe's memcard folder:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yf9wz1

Replace your .mcr files with both of them.

Now try saving in-game again.

DeViOuS Guest

hmm. yes it worked, thanks. the transfer worked as well. but how can i change it so the sound works right and it's not so slow? i appreciate this everyone. =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Config > Sound > Configure > check Update before accessing register.

DeViOuS Guest

i'm sorry, i mean for psxfin 1.13, not epsxe. it's so slow. i don't know what to do..

Thanks

What are your PC specs?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

DeViOuS Guest

win xp home edition sp2, direct x 9, 510mb ram, intel pent 4, cpu: 2.80ghz, nvidia geforce fx go5600.