Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFIX Problems #1&2

Thanks

Your computer specs look decent enough to be able to run this as it doesn't really use that much processor power (1-2% on my computer's 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo) and your video card is more then enough to handle it as it only uses Direct Draw to generate the video which a simple Intel card can do.

Check to make sure there are know programs running in the background that might be taking up resources and alow try checking the Microsoft Update page to see if you really have the latest version of DirectX 9c (this fixed a problem I had with one of my controllers I was using and might fix other issues as well).

If you are still having problems we may have to direct this to the pSX staff to see what they can say about this. I'll let someone on the forums know about this thread and see if they might be able to help you if it comes to that.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

DeViOuS Guest

okay thank you. nothing seems to be working, i even ampered with some things, so i'm at a loss. i'll just play on epxe for now, but looking forward to anymore feedback and results on this matter. thank you all for your time and help. =]

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

pSX Emulator runs full speed on my P III, 128 MB, 600 MHz computer.
    At least the older versions of pSX did.

So, it should run full speed on yours.

Try restarting your computer.

Also try CTRL-ALT-DEL to see what programs are running in the background, as Haldrie suggested.

You could also try versions of pSX to see if they run any faster:
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Thanks

I just PM'd someone named patrickp over on pSX's official forums about this thread so hopefully he should be able to help in some way. He is an admin on their board and has been with pSX for some time now and he really seems to know what he's talking about. I would get pSX Author himself but I don't want to disrupt him from deveoping pSX anymore then he is already.
    Last edited by Haldrie; 20th-September-2007 at 02:48.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

DeViOuS Guest

ah nice, thank you guys very much. =] just let me know if anything pops up.

Thanks

I got a reply from patrickp and he had this to say.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickp (pSX Forums)
    Had a quick look and my first response is like yours and others': his specs should be running Final Fantasy IX easily on pSX. If he can run the game satisfactorily in ePSXe, he should be able to run it in pSX easily.

One thing, though, the guy quotes his RAM as 510MB: when you get a non-standard amount like this (it should be 256, 512, 668MB etc) it's usually because something, most likely the videocard, is integrated and using system memory. 2MB is puny,even for an old videocard - and it seems odd that a board that will run a 2.8GHz P4 has a card _that_ old; usually they're 4MB at least.

If it's not the card, it might be damaged memory. memtest86+ would be the next step.
    memtest86+ is a program that checks the system's RAM for any problems by bombarding it with random data and verifying that the data is read back correctly. The program is best run from a bootable floppy disc or bootable CD and the link to the official site is below. This program is freeware and I have used it myself in the past so I know it works. Since it runs in a DOS environment it is not OS dependent and running it that mode allows it more access to the RAM then if it run in Windows.

http://www.memtest.org/
    Last edited by Haldrie; 20th-September-2007 at 15:01.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

He says he has a "nvidia geforce fx go5600" card, so either that 510 MB is a typo or he might have bad memory.

Because GeForce FX GO 5600 is 128 MB:
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_mobile.html

Thanks

I had a feeling about that too but either way it would be good to try that memtest program anyway.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel