Thread: internet explorer wont open,add-on problem

Thanks

Default internet explorer wont open,add-on problem

For some odd reason whenever I try to open internet explorer I get this error message sayin:"Internet explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to be closed.The following add on was running when this problem occured.here's the name of the add-on yt.dll its from Yahoo inc and the description is yahoo toolbar.after that I get the "internet explorer has a problem and needs to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    i tried scannin my computer for spyware adware and viruses and that isnt the problem.Is there anyway I can fix this problem that I'm having with my internet explorer

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess you could remove the toolbar.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    I guess you could remove the toolbar.
    The Yahoo one.
    Remove it.

Edit: And get the newest version if you really like it.

Thanks

i tried goin to control panel,add/remove programs and when I tried to remove yahoo toolbar it gave me an error message saying:"yahoo toolbar setup has encountered a problem and needs to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    any other way that I can remove yahoo toolbar?maybe it'll fix the internet explorer problem

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    i tried goin to control panel,add/remove programs and when I tried to remove yahoo toolbar it gave me an error message saying:"yahoo toolbar setup has encountered a problem and needs to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    any other way that I can remove yahoo toolbar?maybe it'll fix the internet explorer problem
    Download Hijack This! and remove it that way.

Thanks

or... if ur using IE7... open it in safe mode and disable it temporarily until you remove it.

start --> programs --> accessories --> system tools --> internet explorer (no add ons)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    Re-install Yahoo toolbar with crap from Symantec. Then uninstall. There ya go. =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Or, open the task manager (ctrl+alt+del), go to the processes tab and find yt.dll or yahoo_toolbar.exe or something like those, and end the process. Try to uninstall it then