Thread: Question on making No$GBA work with NDS roms

Thanks

When loading roms, i just get a black screen. I've downloaded Need for Speed Undergorund 2, and Final Fantasy 3 so far... neither load. Do i need bios? also what settings need to be altered in order to make various games run? thanks in advance!

evidentally those just weren't compatible games... Heroes of mana seems to work. Another question though, is there no way to make this go into fullscreen? i can't seem to find a way...
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-September-2007 at 09:58. Reason: Use the EDIT button!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Haven't used that emu in a while, but have you tried alt+enter?

Thanks

You cannot change the size of the window in NDS mode and that emulator does not support full screen. The developer made it for homebrew developers to test their software so to put it simply he doesn't really care about making it user friendly for gamers like us (even though that is it's general use in the public).

I know that the author added a built-in GBA bios for it but I think you do need a NDS bios to run those games. As far as the compatibility list you saw it may be out of date because now FF3 does work in it but is slow. Most games will not load at all or will display an error message when they are loaded if the correct save type is not chosen in the options so all you have to do is keep changing the save type for the NDS games in the Game Options and then choose File->Reset Cartriage to reload the game with that save type.

You might also want to save those settings once you have the correct save type selected by going to Options->Save Options so that No$GBA will use that save type when you load the game after saving. If you don't it will load with the previously saved save type (or the default if none exists) and corrupt your save file. You should also make a habit of backing up you saves so they don't get accedentally corrupted.

Ok now that that's out of the way you should also know that No$GBA is processor dependent and does not take advantage of hyper-threaded or dual core processors so the faster your processor the faster No$GBA will run.
    Last edited by Haldrie; 16th-September-2007 at 12:05.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Download the NDS Bios from here:
    http://www.epforums.org/local_links....id=153&catid=3

You can also get the GBA BIOS too if you want:
    http://www.epforums.org/local_links....id=228&catid=3

Thanks

Ok not a good first post, but anyhow, to the point.

I downloaded the NoGBA emulator to see if it would work with the two new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. I downloaded the DS bios. I tried running it like it was a rom (I couldn't find any clear-for-lamers-like-me instructions lol), it showed on the bottom screen: 123456 but that's it. I tried running the roms, and they gave me an error clearly saying that I needed the bios' to run encrypted games.

Naturally after a few more attempts at installing the bios I got the decrypter program. That worked, but now when I run the two roms I get what looks like an error on the touch screen. Of course cos it's a Japanese game I can't understand anything but the word DS. Hopefully somebody will recognise it. I've tried pressing all the buttons, and clicking (as it's the touch screen) but nothing happens.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Go here:
    http://releases.pocketheaven.com/?section=ndsearch

Do a search for your game to find out it's save type, then set No$GBA to that save type:
    Options > Emulation Setup > NDS Cartridge Backup Media.

Thanks

You wont believe it but it says n/a for both:
    http://releases.pocketheaven.com/release/nds/1644

That can't be good.

Sorry for the double post (it wont let me edit).

Thank you for your reply. I know it said n/a, but the first different save type I tried worked. For anyone interested it is: FRAM 32KBytes
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 17th-September-2007 at 20:30.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

I recommend you purchase a Nintnedo DS handheld system along with a $45 flash cart.

Thanks

I'm with banned. My R4DS has paid for itself many times over now especially since they fixed the DS Download and Play problem. When I first got it my biggest concern was that now I wouldn't be able to use my Action Replay DS only to find out that all the cheats for it are built in to the firmware and can be updated manually as well.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Hmm I knew somebody would say that.

The thing is, the game works, albeit a bit slowly. I just want the one game emulated, it seems a waste to get a flash card.*

It runs ok considering. Now as I've figured out the bios, all save options "work". The one I said above, the game didn't even save.. What makes it even more fun is that the intro(s) is long, and unskippable unless you have a save, and you can't save until after going thru the 2 intros and a dungeon. heh. I'm better off waiting for US release, I've got plenty other games to keep me going (FF6 & 7, Mystery Dungeon 1, Diamond/Pearl, Settlers 2 etc..)

*Plus I can't buy off many websites, I have a very basic bank account (and with Northern Rock too *cough*) and cos of that an unverified Paypal account. Yes I have tried upgrading it to a direct debit card, but apparently I don't earn enough to get a direct debit 0_0 My only choice is Ebay, and I'm clueless to what I'm looking for *reading the sticky thread, just in case*.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Purchase a prepaid credit card at a store. I don't see how it'd be a waste to get a flash cart, it can save you a lot of money down the road. My first year owning my DS, I spent over $1,000 in DS games.