Page 427 of 502 FirstFirst ... 327377417422423424425426427428429430431432437477 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 7528

Thread: What Are You Listening To Now? (Cont.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    That's actually pretty decent. I hear arguements about how the snes was way better than the genesis in terms of music but it still had some awesome music
    The Genesis had some Great music! I've always enjoyed the sound of the Genesis over the SNES ever since I was a kid. It's probably a nostalgic thing, but with sound tracks from such games as. Streets of Rage 1-3, Dune, Sub Terrania, Road Rash, Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Phantasy Star 2-4, Golden Axe 1&2, etc... Even with certain cross-platform games such as Ys III and Zombies Ate my Neighbors. I preferred the Genesis' soundtrack over the SNES'.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    The Genesis had some Great music! I've always enjoyed the sound of the Genesis over the SNES ever since I was a kid. It's probably a nostalgic thing, but with sound tracks from such games as. Streets of Rage 1-3, Dune, Sub Terrania, Road Rash, Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Phantasy Star 2-4, Golden Axe 1&2, etc... Even with certain cross-platform games such as Ys III and Zombies Ate my Neighbors. I preferred the Genesis' soundtrack over the SNES'.
    You know I really enjoyed the music around this time. i.e. music from the nes snes and mega drive. One of my favourites from the mega drive was

I thought it was the more epic music I heard as I went into battle. There are few tracks that beat it on the mega drive.
    Last edited by Stark; 14th-December-2013 at 02:46.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You know I really enjoyed the music around this time. i.e. music from the nes snes and mega drive. One of my favourites from the mega drive was

I thought it was the more epic music I heard as I went into battle. There are few tracks that beat it on the mega drive.
    Yeah, the NES/SNES/Genesis had some great music that really brings back fond memories of playing video games when I was a kid.

Oh yeah, Golden Axe had some truly epic tracks. Unfortunately I never had the first one when I was a kid. We did have the second one though. I was always partial to this track from it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, the NES/SNES/Genesis had some great music that really brings back fond memories of playing video games when I was a kid.

Oh yeah, Golden Axe had some truly epic tracks. Unfortunately I never had the first one when I was a kid. We did have the second one though. I was always partial to this track from it.

Thought the first 2 golden axe games were awesome. The third one was garbage, and I daren't touch beast rider. I don't know how to put it, but I think there was an era of gaming where the music really defined it. After the Ps2/xbox it became very generic except for a few exceptions

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thought the first 2 golden axe games were awesome. The third one was garbage, and I daren't touch beast rider. I don't know how to put it, but I think there was an era of gaming where the music really defined it. After the Ps2/xbox it became very generic except for a few exceptions
    Agreed, I played a bit of the third one and didn't like it at all. I'm glad that Sega America didn't waste it's time bringing it out here. Yeah, once CD-ROMs were introduced and "CD Quality" sound was the norm. It all kind of became a bit generic. It mostly lacked the heart of the old 8/16-bit chiptunes of the era. With certain exceptions like you said though.

I don't know if you knew this, but Sega remade a bunch of their older games on the PS2 in Japan. With improved visuals and remixed music even. One the remakes was the original Golden Axe. The remixed music they made is actually pretty good as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Agreed, I played a bit of the third one and didn't like it at all. I'm glad that Sega America didn't waste it's time bringing it out here. Yeah, once CD-ROMs were introduced and "CD Quality" sound was the norm. It all kind of became a bit generic. It mostly lacked the heart of the old 8/16-bit chiptunes of the era. With certain exceptions like you said though.

I don't know if you knew this, but Sega remade a bunch of their older games on the PS2 in Japan. With improved visuals and remixed music even. One the remakes was the original Golden Axe. The remixed music they made is actually pretty good as well.

Really like the death adder one. If they actually gave a fuck they could make a fantastic remake. I would get it in a second. I don't know if they would use the music you quoted, but the death adder track had the right idea as far as I'm concerned, I like how the pace changed. That would be awesome for a boss fight.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Really like the death adder one. If they actually gave a fuck they could make a fantastic remake. I would get it in a second. I don't know if they would use the music you quoted, but the death adder track had the right idea as far as I'm concerned, I like how the pace changed. That would be awesome for a boss fight.
    Haha, they DID, for the PS2 and only in Japan. Though you don't need any knowledge of the Japanese language to play it. That's what the music I posted is from.

I don't see them doing any kind of current gen remakes or anything. Although I suppose anything is possible.

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha, they DID, for the PS2 and only in Japan. Though you don't need any knowledge of the Japanese language to play it. That's what the music I posted is from.

I don't see them doing any kind of current gen remakes or anything. Although I suppose anything is possible.
    hehe, perhaps Golden Axe belongs in the past

Thanks
    EP Points

Luv(sic.) (Modal Soul Remix) - Nujabes feat. Shing02 - Hydeout Productions 2nd Collection

Thanks
    EP Points

I tend to prefer Genesis soundtracks too. The SNES sound chip was amazing but it was severely handicapped by the lack of space on cartridges. FM synthesis done right will always sound better than low bitrate samples.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 15th-December-2013 at 00:09.

Thanks

Amon Amarth - For Victory and Death

"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has,
    that's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature"

Thanks
    EP Points

<333

Seriously such a great VN soundtrack.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Mirror's Edge 2 OST (Phaze Dubstep Remix)

Thanks

"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has,
    that's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature"