Thread: Resident Evil II (PSX) - freezing Problem -.-

Thanks

Default Resident Evil II (PSX) - freezing Problem -.-

Hi,
    in the last hour I read more than in my hole life
    but no solution for my problem...

I'm using this iso http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/psx/...t%20Evil%20II/
    But in one Scene on ClaireA it freezes... I tried other emulators, but none of them could help or I wasn't able to play my save-status or the program has a crazy read-eroor -.-...
    I tried to fix the iso with CDmage, but no Errors after all...

I'm using ePSXe 1.60, with PEOpS Soft Driver 1.17 (Video) and ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 (Sound).

I need help... I love this game so much .

cya

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Try one of these video plugins:
    http://www.pbernert.com/gpupete176.zip

Thanks

hi,
    thx for this fast reply
    I tried all of them.. the problem still exists
    But the plugins rock... graphic is much better ^^

Thanks

Post your save for us. Maybe we can try and figure out what it wrong from that.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

hi,
    thx4reply

Here are the 2 files...

cya
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought I saw something about certain games on PS (square games?) that freeze in emulation. There was a workaround involving hitting a certain button right before cg scene starts or some such. Not sure if this is a similar problem, but give the poor guy the details and maybe that will help him.

Ed: To use the save game on different emu, save normally with ribbon, then on another emu, load up the memory card file(.mcr) and load game. Save states don't generally transfer.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 5th-October-2007 at 18:57.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I thought I saw something about certain games on PS (square games?) that freeze in emulation. There was a workaround involving hitting a certain button right before cg scene starts or some such. Not sure if this is a similar problem, but give the poor guy the details and maybe that will help him.

Ed: To use the save game on different emu, save normally with ribbon, then on another emu, load up the memory card file(.mcr) and load game. Save states don't generally transfer.
    I had that problem in a couple of spaces in Parasite Eve 2. I was forced to skip the 2 cutscenes (by pressing the X button) to be able to finish the game, so if you're right, he'd end up missing the cutscene (assuming it's one he can skip... I seem to remember there being some that you're forced to watch in that game, but I could be wrong. After all, it's been about 3 or 4 years since I've played the game.).

Thanks

I've had the same problem. As claire meets annette? sherry's mum. a cutscene ensues that explains who the monster is. According to a walkthrough I looked at there should be a scream then the cutscene ends, instead the monster roars, there are some mechanical clanking sounds and then some music starts playing, but the image remains frozen, its all very bizzare.

This thread just seemed to end with no resolution so just wondering if anyone came up with a solution. Also if I was to burn the image onto a disc rather than just running the iso in the emu, will the saved state still work with that? I'm using the same emu and plugins as above.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by b1gj0bs View Post
    I've had the same problem. As claire meets annette? sherry's mum. a cutscene ensues that explains who the monster is. According to a walkthrough I looked at there should be a scream then the cutscene ends, instead the monster roars, there are some mechanical clanking sounds and then some music starts playing, but the image remains frozen, its all very bizzare.

This thread just seemed to end with no resolution so just wondering if anyone came up with a solution. Also if I was to burn the image onto a disc rather than just running the iso in the emu, will the saved state still work with that? I'm using the same emu and plugins as above.
    Make sure your image is error free, you'll have to check it with CDMage, it worked for other people experiencing the same problem then you:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?p=523144

Also, please, next time feel free to open your own thread, it's better than replying to old threads like this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Make sure your image is error free, you'll have to check it with CDMage, it worked for other people experiencing the same problem then you:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?p=523144

Also, please, next time feel free to open your own thread, it's better than replying to old threads like this one.
    Thanks for the reply cookie. Unfortunately it han't worked. Not really sure where to go from here.

The reason I didn't start a new thread is because my experience of these kinds of sites is that if you start one about something asked before you get a bunch of idiots flaming you for not checking the forums. Nice to know the people here have more manners and sense cheers mate.

edit--
    Problem Solved

Well I did it. I burnt the image onto a disc and then ran it. Worked like a dream.
    Last edited by SegNin; 14th-January-2008 at 15:25.