Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skies of Arcadia on DC Emulator

Thanks

Default Skies of Arcadia on DC Emulator

Hello!

I downloaded the PAL version of SoA and tried to play it with nullDC. But unfortunately it didn't work. After starting it, the Dreamcast sign appears. Okay, but then the screen turns into gray and I can only hear the music in the background. Then I press the startbutton and the sreen turns into black. Also the music stop and nothing is going to happen.

When I try it with Chankast a strange message appears. "Diese Spiel ist nicht mit dem gegenwärtigen Kabel, das an die Konsole angeschlossen ist, kompatibel. Bitte schalten Sie den Strom aus und ersetzen Sie das Kabel."

It means: "This game is not compatible with the present cable, which is attached to the console. Please turn off the electricity and replace the cable."

And demul doens't work in principal

So, what am I supposed to do? I hope someone could help me.

Loran

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

For ChanKast: Options > Cable Type > VGA.

For NullDC: Options > Plugins > For Graphics and Sound, try the ChanKast plugins.

If that doesn't work, change the GDRom plugin to Image Reader, then try loading the game directly into NullDC, instead of mounting it to a virtual drive and running it from there.

Thanks

First of all: Thanks for your help!

I tried out all the methods you suggested, but it still doesn't work. But now it's a bit different than before.
    "For ChanKast: Options > Cable Type > VGA."
    That option was already used, so I selected the NTSC Cable Type. When I started it, an other screen appeared. There was something about an "Enchelon" version. Don't really understand this. But anyway I pressed the startbutton to continue and the black screen appeared again.

"For NullDC: Options > Plugins > For Graphics and Sound, try the ChanKast plugins.."
    Unfortunatly the same thing happend, so I guess the problem is probably the strange version of the game. Does someone know, where I can get the normal PAL-Version (the NTSC version would be also okay, but I prefere it on PAL, so I can play it in german ^^) without that Enchelon-mode?
    edit: But no torrent, please.

"If that doesn't work, change the GDRom plugin to Image Reader, then try loading the game directly into NullDC, instead of mounting it to a virtual drive and running it from there."
    I Tried both ways, it didn't make any difference.
    Last edited by Loran; 10th-September-2007 at 13:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Make an extra copy of Skies of Arcadia, and try patching that extra copy with this:
    http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23418

Thanks

After many restarts and a lot of trouble I finally got the patch on the CDI image. But it still doesn't work. I guess this time Chankast is causing the trouble itself. After mounting the patched img with Daemon, I loaded and started it with Chankast. But this time it's somehow opening the music menu. And when I close it and press on "game" it says, I should insert a disc.
    Because of that I tried some other roms for DC (I regularly only use nullDC) and there is the same problem. It just opens the music menu. How can I solve that problem?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Loran View Post
    After many restarts and a lot of trouble I finally got the patch on the CDI image. But it still doesn't work. I guess this time Chankast is causing the trouble itself. After mounting the patched img with Daemon, I loaded and started it with Chankast. But this time it's somehow opening the music menu. And when I close it and press on "game" it says, I should insert a disc.
    Because of that I tried some other roms for DC (I regularly only use nullDC) and there is the same problem. It just opens the music menu. How can I solve that problem?
    Did you selfboot the patched files with Exoboot?

Thanks

Uhm... no, what is that and where can I get it?

Ah, I found a tutorial made by you:
    http://www.epforums.org/selfboot-bin...hlight=Exoboot

Can I also use that program? And where to get it?

And there is written down, that it creates a .CDI. But the img is already .CDI, so it wouldn't make any difference, would it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Try replacing ChanKast's BIOS files with the ones inside this zip file:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/trztgs

Thanks

Thanks, I tried it, but it doesn't make any difference.

Do I perhaps have to download special plugins? I currently use CdRom Interface xxx and Input Interface by ElSemi. The other ones don't work. Or are there some special things I have to do?

Thanks

I just used Exoboot to selfboot the image, but everytime it starts, I get bluescreen and have to restart my computer. So, that also doesn't work.

Now I really prefer, to download ths NTSC version of the game, so I can play it with nullDC. Can someone tell me, where to get it? (but no torrent, please)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Loran View Post
    I just used Exoboot to selfboot the image, but everytime it starts, I get bluescreen and have to restart my computer. So, that also doesn't work.

Now I really prefer, to download ths NTSC version of the game, so I can play it with nullDC. Can someone tell me, where to get it? (but no torrent, please)
    http://www.snesorama.us/board/showth...=skies+arcadia

Thanks

Thanks, but it's offline. The guy wrote he would upload it soon.... but that was on the 04-05-2007. ^^'''

Is there an other site, where I can download it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Sprung has it on his FTP:
    http://www.epforums.org/sprungs-mult...184/index.html

But you need to make 9 more posts before you're granted access to that section.

Or you could try our IRC channel:

Quote Originally Posted by EP News
    First of all thanks go out to Sprung who has single handedly uploaded all these titles to our server. The COMPLETE NTSC (U) Dreamcast Set which totals 85.4GB in all. These titles shall slowly and steadily be made available on our website as we review them and create pages for them, until then, they are available at #emuparadise on irc.delinked.us. Yes, you got that right, we have an FServe running 24x7x365 in our channel, serving to you the SAME goodies that you can find @ emuparadise.org as well as MORE!! (at excellent speeds of-course..)

So if you're sick of clicking on download links, just head into our channel and grab whatever you want off our fileserver. For more info on how to head to our channel, please read our IRC FaQ.

For those who know how to use IRC, the relevant details are:
    irc.delinked.us
    #emuparadise

Thanks

I see. Well, I will try it. But first of all I need more posts. Is there a way doing this without spamming?

Thanks
    EP Points

You only need 8 posts now (and after you reply to this one, it'll be 7)

There are plenty of sections here, so finding topics to post in to get those 7 posts shouldn't be too hard.
    And you won't need to spam to do it either.

Just remember though that posts made in the Hang Out section are not counted towards your post count.