Thread: VBA Save Transfer

Thanks

Default VBA Save Transfer

Uh how do you transfer save files for the Visual Boy? I copied and my vba and som roms to another computer, and was expecting that the save files would be read as well. unfortunately they weren't...
    any help guys?
    "War made the rich even richer and the poor even poorer. That is why I stand inbetween..." -the man who said he was God.

Thanks

Your save files by default are created and read from the same folder as the rom(s) that you played in it. The files have a .sav extention if you used an in-game save (which you should always do) or a .sgm extention if you used save states.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Yup, that I know..but then the thing is the emulator won't read them anymore when they're transfered, even if i keep em in the same folder..
    "War made the rich even richer and the poor even poorer. That is why I stand inbetween..." -the man who said he was God.

Thanks

Did you put them in the same folder as the roms? If so then you might want to set a default folder for the saves so you have them all in one location no matter where the rom(s) are.

Options->Emulator->Directories...
    Battery: The location you want the .sav files that are associated with an in-game save file.
    Save Game: The loaction you want the .sgm save state files.

Choose a directory that you want them to be located it and VBA will use that folder for those files every time. You will have to move all your saves to that folder for them to work after that. I make a "saves" folder in the VBA folder to store my saves in but you can set it to any folder you wish.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Default Thanks

Thanks..so you have to set the battery and save set..i didn't notice that..thanks!

Thanks

You don't really have to but it helps to set them so you're not looking everywhere on your hard drive for x game's save. As long as the game's name and the save's name are the save (aside from the extention of course) then VBA should load it. If it still fails to load you can force it to load a battery file by choosing File->Import->Battery File. VBA will create a new battery file in the location it was trying to read it in the first place and use that from then on though which isn't really a problem as long as you know which save file is which.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Sweet... thanks..