Thread: Controller and nullDC problem

Thanks

Default Controller and nullDC problem

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this I am probably just to tired to see it but I went and downloaded Xpadder and fiddled around with it using a PS2 controller. Now how do I get nullDC to react with my controller. I can't figure it out. This is my first emulator so yes im a newb it took me hours enough to figure out the stupid dc_boot and dc_flash.....

please help, I just want to play the games I have really badly (haven't played them in years)

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Start NullDC > Options > Select Plugins > under Maple, Port A: choose NullDC WinHook > Then underneath that, choose NullDC VMU > then under that one, choose NullDC VMU again (so there should be 2 of them) > OK

You need the VMU so you can save your game.

If you have a second controller, repeat those steps for Port B.

Now, look at this picture:

It shows how the keys are mapped in NullDC by default.

What you need to do, is set Xpadder so that the Analog stick on your gamepad is set to the I, J, K, and L keys on your keyboard; the D-pad on your gamepad is set to the Up, Left, Right, Down keys on your keyboard, etc.

Figuring out how to map keys in XPadder is fairly easy, so I won't explain how to do it unless you need me to.

Here's what mine looks like configured:

Yours won't look the same because I added the picture file for my controller (Saitek P880) which I found at the XPadder site:
    http://xpadder.com/images.html

Thanks

Alright thanks A LOT it helped, I messed around with Power Stone 2 and was able to figure out all the controller settings (at least what I think they are >> << >>) I hope I wont have to go and change around the settings for other games but aside from that when im playing the game it says insert VMU in the bottom left hand corner. You said I needed the VMU to save my games but im not sure how to get one unless its just something you set like with the controller.

Oh and the sound seams to have some type of delay or something (I don't know how to word it) its just weird, I remember reading something somewhere about compression and it not loading fast enough, im not sure I just need to know how to get that fixed if possible

Your help is very very VERY appreciated =3

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

If you have the VMU's under Port A set like this, you shouldn't get that message to insert VMU in the corner of the screen:

As for the audio, I didn't notice anything odd about it when I tried the US copy of Power Stone 2.
    Maybe it's your comp not being powerful enough to run it so that the audio doesn't stutter, or maybe it's your copy of the game...?

My comp is an AMD 64 X2 4600+ dual core, 2 GB RAM, with Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE.

The only odd thing that I found with my copy was that the game won't work if I choose 60 Hz display; it only works under 50 Hz display.

Thanks

It might just be my computer then, my RAM is only 1.2 GB and I know the sound card is old, the graphics shouldn't be a problem though, but oh well. I will figure everything else out in due time I hope. Thank you for your help it was very useful, and yes the game seams to only want to work under 50 Hz display. I have the same problem or well error I guess.

Well back to trying to find a working version of Skies of Arcadia (the one big reason I got nullDC in the first place)