Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: despise sony?

Thanks

Default despise sony?

this guy does!! http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=sony_bullshit

then agen so have i....ever since the VAIO computer range Sony have been my sworn enemy.

that pretty much sums up my feelings bout them, courtesy of Maddox.
    Last edited by Jimmy1829; 20th-August-2007 at 22:50.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I'd really like to delete this topic.

Not only is Maddox extremely tedious and overrated, he likes Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. On topic, hasn't Sony been pretty shit since, like, always? Not that I didn't enjoy the PSX and PS2.. especially how they'd break.. again and again.

And, please, one of the big four is an evil corporation? Geez, Sherlock..
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 21st-August-2007 at 00:21.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Sony as a company is pretty bad. Even worse nowadays due to the recent PSP and PS3 scheme. The PS2 is probably the only good thing that came out of them and its a system I oh-so adore.

Though I am sick of these "Sony is crap", "Sony is bad?" and all that. Enough with it already ;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by See Her Pee View Post
    Not only is Maddox extremely tedious and overrated.
    /thread

Thanks
    EP Points

All that is is a ran with very little factual basis behind it. I could state similar arguments against Nintendo and Microsoft.

I also find it perfectly fine for a company to be held responsible for their actions of breaking international trade laws.

Thanks

I haven't really studied Sony as a whole, I just know what I have experienced with their consoles.

I had loads of fun on the PS1. Then it broke. Then I fixed it, and then it broke again.

I had even more fun with the PS2. Then it stopped working. I had to clean the lens about once a week to keep it working after that.

My PS3 has had no problems so far, it just needs some more games on it I like.

Other than my PS3, my other 2 Sony consoles seem to have been built by a small retarded child. They acted a lot like a woman. Sure they were fun, but they required a lot of maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm really rather tired of the sort of comment that always pops up in these threads that attempt to justify one company's shady aspects by pointing the finger at it's competition and saying "They do it too!". I suppose it's fair point in it's own way, but it just seems trite to me. Meh.

Personally I don't like them as a company, but that's because they rip off the ideas of others, then pass them off as their own innovations. The pomposity of that behavior is enough to turn me off to their products. I understand that they've got to spin these things to make it seem as if they're the shit to those who don't know any better, but to those of us who do, it just looks stupid.

They're always doing things like that to make themselves look like asses in the public eye, and while that sort of thing doesn't really cheapen the worth of their console, it doesn't make me want to rush out and buy one either.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 21st-August-2007 at 01:56.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    All that is is a ran with very little factual basis behind it. I could state similar arguments against Nintendo and Microsoft.

I also find it perfectly fine for a company to be held responsible for their actions of breaking international trade laws.
    Is Nintendo and Microsoft making shitty consoles while, at the same time, fucking the music industry in the ass?
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 21st-August-2007 at 02:16.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by See Her Pee View Post
    Is Nintendo and Microsoft making shitty concoles while, at the same time, fucking the music industry in the ass?
    Nintendo's not important enough to matter, and Microsoft's an accomplice.

Actually, I say it as a joke, but it's not too far off. Not that I hate any of the three companies or anything like that; they're all in the business of business, after all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1829 View Post
    this guy does!! http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=sony_bullshit

then agen so have i....ever since the VAIO computer range Sony have been my sworn enemy.

that pretty much sums up my feelings bout them, courtesy of Maddox.
    Ugh, jeez. Hate a company because they make shit I don't like... Let's see... Well, I think I'll just refrain from buying anything from it unless I must.

Feck, I don't know. What's the point of this, again? Point out that Maddox still runs his generic crap factory? Whoopteedo!

Thanks

i've had no problems with sony products all you do is gotta treat it right and stop baggin on the ps3 i hate my xbox 360 damn things sucks craps out on every few secs it truly ruined my console gaming.

if you dont like sony dont buy it its a free market they can sell what the fuck they want.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thumbs up

Sony has been up & down as far as quality goes. I remember the walkmans from the early 80's. they were so well-built, you could throw one against a brick wall & it would keep working. these days, they have all sorts of quality problems with their TVs, VAIOs & other stuff. The name Sony no longer means quality. Buying a Sony TV around 1996-7, it's still working for me today. When we're forced to watch digital TV in 2009 or so, then i'll buy an RCA or Phillips. Sony has a lot of ground to cover if it wants to be on top again. Their public relations dept. has been royally screwing up for over a decade.

Only good thing going for them is PS2 has been a great system. PSP has been a major letdown, outside homebrew. UMD = total & complete FAIL!!1! And their Sony Connect service is still waay short of what it should be offering.

but if you want to talk fanboyism, i think Sony has more loyal sheeple then Nintendo or Microsoft. When MGS4/FF13 comes out next year, you'll see the fanboys buy two copies a piece. It's hard to bring down the empire. But Sony has been shooting itself in the foot, maybe it won't be too long.

Thanks

people mainly dislike sony because they brag alot... hell if you ruled the gaming industry for over 10 years i'm sure you would brag about it :\

all 3 major companies are great, but to be honest i prefer Sony.

I like the fact they make jokes about their mistakes/problems, like in this years E3 they made a joke about the infamous "riiiiiiiiiiiidge racer" quote by kaz hirai lol

Sony has become so big that people will say they hate it when really they actually like them. It's like how people always talk shit about Microsoft, yet i bet 98% of those people are using Windows

either way i jus woke up kthx

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    Sony has become so big that people will say they hate it when really they actually like them. It's like how people always talk shit about Microsoft, yet i bet 98% of those people are using Windows

either way i jus woke up kthx
    the Walmart-ization of the gaming industry. Everyone who says they hate Walmart buys a lot from them, too. What's the word? oh yeah two-faced.
    My reasons for disliking Sony are legitimate. i'll make them wait another year to get my money for a next gen system. but more than likely, i'll buy a PS3. or just rob a bank LOL

Thanks
    EP Points

'Despise' is a bit strong. I do dislike them, though, largely because of the reasons stated by Cyberxion. Also because, as Elmdor said, their consoles have a tendency to be awful durability-wise. I say this every time the topic of Sony consoles comes up, but there's seriously something wrong when my ten year old, second-hand Saturn is outlasting my third brand new PS2. To be fair, my first one was an early model, but the latter two were both late revision slimlines. You'd think that after so long producing the PS2, they'd have managed to create a version that actually doesn't break down after only slightly more than a year of fairly casual play.

Still, as fun as it is to watch the PS3 receive a resounding 'meh' from most quarters, I know I'll buy one as soon as it becomes home to something that interests me. Hypocritical? Not really. It's simply a case of my love of gaming in general outweighing my dislike of Sony as a company. I've never been one for platform loyalty, and as long as Sony continues to hold onto some of my favourite franchises, I'll continue to begrudgingly support them. As crap and unreliable as their consoles tend to be, I'll continue to buy them as long as they continue to play good games.

Ideally, I'd prefer for my favourite franchises to be in the hands of a company who actually cares enough to build something that lasts, but...eh...with the recent scandals over X360 hardware failures, and the Wii's inability to support games that really look 'next-gen' (actually, even the Dreamcast's visuals were amazing in my eyes, so for me the Wii's are more than sufficient. But that's another matter entirely ), it's looking more and more likely that I'm going to have to follow at least a few of my favourite developers into hardware defect city...