Thread: Attention R4ds Users!

Thanks

Default Attention R4DS Users!

It's time to update. The software that came with your R4DS may no longer be up to date as the latest R4DS firmware is now at version 1.11 with plenty of fixes and a new version of Moonshell. I had previously mentioned in my "review" of the R4 that I was having problems with the Download and Play feature in Mario Kart DS. With this new firmware update it now works perfectly. Also, don't forget to get the new R4DS ROM Trimmer if you trim your roms as it is needed for the full Download and Play support for trimmed roms.

Get all the R4 updates here:
    http://r4ds.com/download-en.htm
    Last edited by Haldrie; 19th-August-2007 at 14:23.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks
    EP Points

Well that's good to know, considering when I buy mine it doesn't come up to date.

Thanks

I plan on putting together an archive that contains everything that came on the CD I got with mine along with updated firmware but it may be some time as I'm still trying to get my laptop back in shape after the recovery I just ran on it.

As far as the online firmware update just copy the files that are in the folder in the archive to your microSD card and that's it. They have tons of these out-of-date discs floating around so you can't expect that once an update is made that the disc you have will come with the latest updates but it's still good to know that the R4 team is providing these updates in the first place.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    It's time to update. The software that came with your R4DS may no longer be up to date as the latest R4DS firmware is now at version 1.11 with plenty of fixes and a new version of Moonshell. I had previously mentioned in my "review" of the R4 that I was having problems with the Download and Play feature in Mario Kart DS. With this new firmware update it now works perfectly. Also, don't forget to get the get the new R4DS ROM Trimmer if you trim your roms as it is needed for the full Download and Play support for trimmed roms.

Get all the R4 updated here:
    http://r4ds.com/download-en.htm
    Thanks for the heads up...I haven't used mine for a few weeks. I'm waiting on the English language Zelda.

Thanks

Nice, thanks for the info. Downloading now.