Thread: Need help on a few things. ePSXe

Thanks

Default Need help on a few things. ePSXe

I'm trying to play Megaman Legends but the sound keeps cutting out and I'm not sure I extracted the game files correctly. When I went to "Extract Here" it asked me if I wanted to replace the files that I extracted before but I don't know if replacing the files is what I want to do and the tutorial said not rename anything. I'm very confused. on how to download the games properly and the tutorials seem to make it more confusing. So how can I get a game on my comp using WinRar the normal way?

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're extracting, and it asks that you replace, it means you've extracted the game just fine before. Sounds like you just need some configuration help.

Also, moved.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Don't select all the parts when extracting, or WinRar will try to extract repeatedly.

Instead, just right-click on one part and choose Extract.

Also, for MegaMan Legends, you have to use Daemon Tools or the audio will cut out after a few seconds.

Here's what you need to do:

Download Daemon Tools 3.47 from here (it's free):
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/?236
    Make sure you get 3.47, and NOT the newest one.

First, install and configure Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive on your computer. After doing that you should see a small icon in your system tray that looks like a lightning bolt. Right-click on that lightning bolt, choose "Options", and make sure there's a check mark next to "Analog Audio". <--- very important

Now this time left-click the lightning bolt icon, and click where it says "Device ## No Media", then choose either the .ccd, .mds, or .cue file by double-clicking it.

Now, for ePSXe if you haven't already installed P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin, then get it from here:
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/cdr.htm

And unzip the contents to your ePSXe plugin folder.
    Now open ePSXe by double-clicking it, and click Config > Cdrom > Select P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 > Configure.
    For Interface, if you have Win98 or WinME, then choose W9X/ME - ASPI scsi commands
    For Interface, if you have Win2000 or WinXP, then choose W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands.
    For Drive: choose Generic DVD Rom V1.0
    For Read Mode: Try Auto Detection.
    Leave everything else alone.

Now you're ready to play the game.
    Start ePSXe, go to File > Run CDROM.
    And your game should start.

Thanks

Why should he get Daemon Tools v3.47 and not the newest one?
    I'm asking cuz I got the newest one installed and if I would know why 3.47 is better I would download that one...

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually, we just say that because the newer versions of Daemon Tools come with optional adware.

Sure we could warn the person asking for help about the adware, but we figure it's just easier and safer to recommend the old one.

And for PSX emulation, the old versions are just as good as the new ones.

You only need the new ones to play some of the newer PC games, but we don't allow any discussion here about playing ISO's of PC games (warez) unless those games are old enough to be considered abandonware.

And some people (like me, for instance) can't install the old 3.47 or 3.29 versions of Daemon Tools because there's a bug in them, that only affects a few people, that was fixed in the newer Daemon Tools but was never fixed in those older ones.

Here's the bug I'm talking about:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Vi...ient=firefox-a

So, if you're satisfied with or need the newest version, then continue to use it.

The only real problem with the newer versions of Daemon Tools is that you won't be able to play DreamCast ISO's that have been patched to be self-boot on ChanKast. For patched DC ISO's you need Daemon Tools 3.29. Otherwise you'll get a IoControl error with ChanKast.

There are ways to work around this problem though.
    Read this to find out more:
    http://www.epforums.org/read-if-you-t43409/index.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Don't select all the parts when extracting, or WinRar will try to extract repeatedly.

Instead, just right-click on one part and choose Extract.

Also, for MegaMan Legends, you have to use Daemon Tools or the audio will cut out after a few seconds.

Here's what you need to do:

Download Daemon Tools 3.47 from here (it's free):
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/?236
    Make sure you get 3.47, and NOT the newest one.

First, install and configure Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive on your computer. After doing that you should see a small icon in your system tray that looks like a lightning bolt. Right-click on that lightning bolt, choose "Options", and make sure there's a check mark next to "Analog Audio". <--- very important

Now this time left-click the lightning bolt icon, and click where it says "Device ## No Media", then choose either the .ccd, .mds, or .cue file by double-clicking it.

Now, for ePSXe if you haven't already installed P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin, then get it from here:
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/cdr.htm

And unzip the contents to your ePSXe plugin folder.
    Now open ePSXe by double-clicking it, and click Config > Cdrom > Select P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 > Configure.
    For Interface, if you have Win98 or WinME, then choose W9X/ME - ASPI scsi commands
    For Interface, if you have Win2000 or WinXP, then choose W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands.
    For Drive: choose Generic DVD Rom V1.0
    For Read Mode: Try Auto Detection.
    Leave everything else alone.

Now you're ready to play the game.
    Start ePSXe, go to File > Run CDROM.
    And your game should start.
    Ok. I tried to do just this but the sound's still cutting out and I'm pretty sure I did it wrong. When I go to change where it says Device 0: [ E: ] No Media from the Daemon tool it brings me to My Documents. I'm not sure what to do here. I changed it to Files of type: Clone Images CCD [*ccd].
    Also, for P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver. I can't quite configure it like you said. On interface it gives me a choice between: none, W9X/ME-ASPI scsi commands, W2K/XP IOCTL scsi commands and W2K/XP IOCTL raw reading. For Drive it gives me: none, [2:00] Drive and [4:00] Drive E:. The reading says "Please note: You have to insert a PSX CD for the read mode detection. And thanks alot for the speedy responce and good help! Really appreciated!
    Last edited by PlzSendTheEmail; 9th-August-2007 at 11:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok. I tried to do just this but the sound's still cutting out and I'm pretty sure I did it wrong. When I go to change where it says Device 0 : [E No Media from the Daemon tool it brings me to My Documents. I'm not sure what to do here. I changed it to Files of type: Clone Images CCD [*ccd].

^ browse for the disc image of Megaman Legends.

Then change ePSXe to load from disc drive, and choose E.

Thanks
    EP Points

What I meant by "choose the .ccd file by double-clicking it", was to move to the folder that contains the ccd file, and double-click the file itself.

Or you could just put the game files (.ccd/.img/.sub & .cue file if there is one) into My Documents, and then choose the .ccd file from there.

And then after loading the ccd file into Daemon Tools and setting the CDROM plugin to W2K/XP IOCTL scsi commands and also to the E: drive, try the Auto Detection for the Read Mode.

It should then work.
    Last edited by SegNin; 9th-August-2007 at 11:26.

Thanks

Ok, it's working. Sound comes out delayed though. Anyone know anything about that?