Thread: MP3 Player

Thanks

Default MP3 Player

I want to get an MP3 player. One that plays videos and supports multiple formats would be nice too. What are my options? I'm not a huge fan of the Ipod, but I will buy one if it is the best. Good MP3/Video players, show me them.

Also, a decent sized hard drive is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
    What the fuck am I going to do with 4 gigs?
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

What the fuck am I going to do with 4 gigs?
    Why the fuck should I care? Just google for reviews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Why the fuck should I care? Just google for reviews.
    Get out of my thread! I can't Google for reviews if I don't know what product to search for. Plus, this is easier.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-V.../dp/B000CS7U1C

I have the old non-video-capable Zen Touch, but a friend of mine recently bought one of these newer ones and they're awesome. Check 'em out.

Thanks

I agree with Cosmic go with something like a Zen creative they are really good.
    I love tekken.

Thanks

.shoplift.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto View Post
    .shoplift.
    He'd never survive the high speed chase.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_ View Post
    He'd never survive the high speed chase.
    /audible chuckle

Thanks

I want to get an MP3 player. One that plays videos and supports multiple formats would be nice too. What are my options? I'm not a huge fan of the Ipod, but I will buy one if it is the best. Good MP3/Video players, show me them.

get a Zune, they are amazing if you hate iPods.

Thanks

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenvisionm/

ipod video alternative (better)
    60 gigs
    and relatively high battery time

Also

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=15752

bigger screen less battery
    Last edited by Squeble001; 6th-August-2007 at 01:33.

Thanks

Current MP3 player collection:

iRiver H320
    iAudio X5L (30gb)
    Creative Zen Vision M 60GB
    Creative Zen V+

Of all of these players I have to give the highest marks to the X5L. It's an older player so the screen isn't that great for watching video (at 15fps too) but as an audio player the sound quality is unmatched, so is the battery life, and uhhh so is the firmware. In fact with Rockbox the player is the PERFECT audio specific DAP out there. The only things that could be improved with an update are a 60-80gb version with the L series battery life, a little bit thinner, and a better screen. Maybe a better user interface (NOT in the form of a touch pad PLEASE, I HATE the Zen Vision M interface). I love how the player is UMS so I don't need to use Windows Media Player or any other proprietary software to transfer files. Rockbox adds everything else you could ever want in a firmware. Gapless, ID3 browsing, etc. etc. Using modern single platter 60gb+ hard disk and a Zen Vision M screen it would be the perfect hybrid A/V DAP too.

The Zen Vision M is what I bought to replace my X5... which after a couple years of use with the Shure E3's bulky 1/8 inch plug messed up the players headphone jack. I since gave it to my brother and he fixed it himself. I really regretted that move. :/ Overall a decent player. The best video player of it's kind with support for videos 30 frames per second, 262K colors, and a lot of videos don't have to be converted to work on it. Also it plugs right into a TV if you can find the 4 band adapter for it. Battery life is average compared to the monster of the X5L (14-16 hours as opposed to about 32). User interface... is crap. I will take the X5 joystick over this any day of the week. I HATE the touch pad. Horrible. HORRIBLE. Frustrating. I hate it with a passion. And since it's the 60gb version it's BULKY. Too bulky... if you were smart enough to wait until August to buy one you'd get the slimmer version... but there's no point in that since they will be announcing a new model soon probably anyway (and iAudio is annoucing a followup to the X5 so you might as well just wait). Sound quality is decent. The EQ presets don't do much anything but the custom ones do (I found myself copying the Rock preset from the X5 to the ZVM's custom EQ, 10-6-0-6-10). Having to use creative software to transfer files sucks. It sits right behind the X5 in my opinion because of all of these shortcomings... but ahead of everything else because of it's functions as a video player.

The iRiverH320 came out in 2004 and that's when I got it. By todays standards the Zen Vision M covers and improves on all the benchmarks set by the H320. In 2004 there was no better player than the H320. Period.

The Creative Zen V+ is the player I use the most. When I work out, when I'm at work (where I'm fired from now, lulz), when I don't feel like busting out the big thick Zen Vision M, this is what I use. I load it with Howard Stern shows I... aquire... from the internet and have about 7 months worth of shows on the thing. It takes a beating and does what I need it to do without much fuss. The iRiver CLIX2 blows it out of the water... but is much more expensive. I bought mine open box for $80. New, the player costs $150 for 4gb which is what I have. The iRiver CLIX2 I believe costs $200 for 4GB. It's also bigger... bigger but better. The Cowon D2 is the best of the bunch.... and also the biggest. Every flash player should have an SD card slot but unfortunately the D2 is on a short list of those that do. Zen V+ gets the job done and is light and cute.

My headphones are the Shure E3 series of headphones. I might get the upgraded version of these ones... but I hear it sacrifices accuracy for bass which doesn't sit well with me. The Shure E3's changed how I listen to music though. Made it far more pleasant than earbuds that fall out of your ear or sound like crap. Totally worth the $200 price of admission, especially with the 2 year warrenty.