Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BoF3 and ePSXe

Thanks

Default BoF3 and ePSXe

I just finished playing Suikoden 2 on the same emulator, it worked perfect. Now I'm playing BoF3, and the saves just disappear. Not every time I turn it off, I tested that, but every so often I start it up and bang, there is no option to continue, and when I just run the bios and check the memory cards, there is no file. My S2 files are still sitting there, but nothing else. Any ideas?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Try PSXeven:
    http://batard.psxfanatics.com/

You can transfer your memcard files from epsxe to psxeven and use them.

Thanks

No known way to fix it? I'd rather not figure out a new emulator if I don't need to; it'll take me way longer than tech-savvy people.

Thanks
    EP Points

Check if the memory card is really loaded by going in the emulator's menu. Can't remember which one, but it's there.

PSXeven is similar to ePSXe. You can transfer all the plugins from ePSXe, as well as the memory cards.

Thanks

It is. I mean, it worked on the last game, and even still has the files. And I manage to load saves from this game SOMETIMES. But not other times. Alright, if that's basically my option, I guess I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks to the both of you.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's... strange. I've played the game and never ran into an issue like the one you're describing.

Thanks

Yeah, I figured that, as I tried searching for topics with the words "breath of fire" and none of them mentioned anything like this. I'm just using the default memory cards, and I don't see my add-ons really mattering here. I don't know a whole lot about emulators, but if save-states are supposed to remain after you turn off the emulator, those also failed, as I thought maybe I'd just use that as my saving method. I really have no idea what could be killing it, but oh well, I'll just try another way.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup, savestates are supposed to remain even after you close the emulator.

Thanks

Check you memory card files and make sure they're not set to Read-only. This might be what's going on every now and then.

Also if you want a less complex emulator to work with you should try pSX.
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com

It may not have all the fancy enhancements that ePSXe has but this emulator is really easy to use and it's compatibility is almost the same as ePSXe. Some games even run better on it then ePSXe (not counting the enhanced graphics that is).
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

How do I check my memory card options? I don't see an option for that staring me in the face (if it's not, I'll usually miss it)?

Anyway, I guess I'll jump over to a different emulator, unless the above fixes it. It seems like this kinda junk always happens to ME...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

What Haldrie means is to right click the mem card files and to uncheck the read only option under properties.

Thanks

Well, memcards were not listed as read only. Get this; SegNin, your link didn't work for me, Haldri, I downloaded and unzipped that program, but it's missing a dll and so won't work. This would be funny if it wasn't so damn annoying. I'll look around for other emulators, maybe something will strike my fancy. Thanks for the help guys, sorry I'm cursed.

If possible, I do like the ability to put in cheat codes. I don't know how common that ability is with emulators, so maybe there's no reason to mention this, but I like to have that option for when games get annoying.
    Last edited by BWMagus; 31st-July-2007 at 21:35.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If you scroll down you'll find the dll you are missing, it's in the link Haldrie gave you.

Thanks

Ah, thanks, found it.

Thanks

If you switch to anything from epsxe, switch to pSX. It's THE alternative, and trades all the advanced functions epsxe offers for through-the-roof compatibility with sound and original graphics. It's my personal favorite just 'cuz it's so simple.

That thing with the saves is the weirdest thing. Is it only with BoF3? Can you save to the memory card still with other games?
    Last edited by somedude; 31st-July-2007 at 22:05.