Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't seem to play Dead or alive 2 in DC

Thanks
    EP Points

With winrar, rightclick on it and 'extract here'?

Thanks

Theres alot of files which one???

thanks for the fast reply..

Thanks
    EP Points

The first or last. Doesn't matter.

Thanks

So after the extracting I should get two files? one bin and one cue?

Thanks
    EP Points

To help you out a bit, go into Tools>Folders options>View, and scroll down until you see "Hide extensions for known file types" and untick it if it is. You should then see the extensions for each files. Extract the one that's .00. It's the first one.

EDIT: Took too long to type this.

Thanks

I opened the rar file and it has two files one .bin and one .cue do i have to mount it in daemon tools?? mine is v3.47..

Thanks
    EP Points

You might wanna try using the 3.29 release. Supposedly works better for Chankast.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mount the bin on Daemon Tools. You'll have to set it to read all files.
    The cue sheet will be dodgey. Then, on another drive, mount the boot disc.
    In Chankast set the first drive to the boot disc. Then once loaded the boot disc change the drive to the drive with the game.

Thanks

Ermm I don't get what your telling me..well I booted bin and cue in daemon tools so i have two virtual drives now. I don't get this part "In Chankast set the first drive to the boot disc. Then once loaded the boot disc change the drive to the drive with the game." sorry.

It turns out that the utopia release is much harder than I thought because I mounted the image and started the game but it leads me to the music thingy and now games...I guess I have to try the hack thing...I'll reply with my progress tomorrow with both releases just not sure when but its tommorow...

@Myst's thanks for the programs I'll do this to tomorrow hopefully it will work...we have the same daemon tools version so I guess it should work me also I hope..
    Last edited by rOckon!!; 30th-July-2007 at 13:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rOckon!! View Post
    Ermm I don't get what your telling me..well I booted bin and cue in daemon tools so i have two virtual drives now. I don't get this part "In Chankast set the first drive to the boot disc. Then once loaded the boot disc change the drive to the drive with the game." sorry.

It turns out that the utopia release is much harder than I thought because I mounted the image and started the game but it leads me to the music thingy and now games...I guess I have to try the hack thing...I'll reply with my progress tomorrow with both releases just not sure when but its tommorow...

@Myst's thanks for the programs I'll do this to tomorrow hopefully it will work...we have the same daemon tools version so I guess it should work me also I hope..
    Because it's not selfboot. Either do what I said.
    Or get bin2boot_gui.
    Drag the .bin into the gui, then it'll make a CDI which you mount and load with daemon/chankast.

Read a guide I made here; http://www.epforums.org/selfboot-bin....html?p=862875
    Program: http://www.megagames.com/dc/files/b2b_gui01b.rar
    Last edited by Inferno.; 30th-July-2007 at 13:51.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Because it's not selfboot. Either do what I said.
    Or get bin2boot_gui.
    Drag the .bin into the gui, then it'll make a CDI which you mount and load with daemon/chankast.

Read a guide I made here; http://www.epforums.org/selfboot-bin....html?p=862875
    Program: http://www.megagames.com/dc/files/b2b_gui01b.rar
    yeah it worked but not for chankast in nulldc and its lagy..
    heres what I did..I executed the .exe file and drag the bin in the window and I waited for it to finish...and the .cdi file came out..mounted it in daemon tools and it booted dreamcast and "error" is always pooping out the program..

Edit:how can I add rep? I want to give one to you since you helped me alot..

1. Mount the CD image with daemon tools, or any other virtual drive you have, and copy the entire content of the CD to the DATA sub-folder inside de FASTBOOT folder, with the exception of the 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file. (In this case, delete them from the folder, you won't be needing them since I'm giving them to you already)

2. Put the the 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN files in the same directory as the binhack.exe (main directory).

3. Double click on the BINHACK program, and when it prompts to input the binary file, type 1ST_READ.BIN
    for the bootsector IP.BIN
    and the MSINFO VALUE is 0,0 (that is zero comma zero).

4. Then after the Command Prompt window disappears, put the 1st_read and IP.BIN into de DATA subfolder.

5. double click on b2b_game.bat , and wait till it finishes.

6. You got yourself a new image. (image.cdi)
    Here what I'm suppose to do. First I should copy all the contents in the CD here. including 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file? well I can't seem to find the IP.BIN. AND I don't get what you meant about "type 1ST_READ.BIN
    for the bootsector IP.BIN"
    Edit: I also don't get this. "Mount the CD image with daemon tools, or any other virtual drive you have, and copy the entire content of the CD to the DATA sub-folder inside de FASTBOOT folder, with the exception of the 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file."
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 2nd-August-2007 at 10:07.

Thanks

Oh yeah regarding nulldc how can I do two player? I know how to xpadder so how can I do two player? Currently I can only do one player..

May problems are palling up..ouch..

I want to experiment but I just don't know what will happen if I do it.

Yey I did the longmethod but still it lags abit..
    Last edited by rOckon!!; 2nd-August-2007 at 12:25.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Start NullDC > Options > Select plugins > Maple > Port B > change none to thw WinHook one > chenge the other 2 nones to NullDC VMU > OK.

Now go to Options > Maple > Port B > Config Keys for Player 2 > set the keys to something different from what you have for Port A (which is player 1) then set XPadder to use those keys set for Player 2 with your second controller.

And to rep people, you click the little scale icon in the upper right of each of our posts and then proceed from there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rOckon!! View Post
    yeah it worked but not for chankast in nulldc and its lagy..
    heres what I did..I executed the .exe file and drag the bin in the window and I waited for it to finish...and the .cdi file came out..mounted it in daemon tools and it booted dreamcast and "error" is always pooping out the program..

Edit:how can I add rep? I want to give one to you since you helped me alot..

Here what I'm suppose to do. First I should copy all the contents in the CD here. including 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file? well I can't seem to find the IP.BIN. AND I don't get what you meant about "type 1ST_READ.BIN
    for the bootsector IP.BIN"
    Edit: I also don't get this. "Mount the CD image with daemon tools, or any other virtual drive you have, and copy the entire content of the CD to the DATA sub-folder inside de FASTBOOT folder, with the exception of the 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file."
    Seems you've gotten it working anyway. But I might aswell explain this 'Mount the CD image with daemon tools, or any other virtual drive you have, and copy the entire content of the CD to the DATA sub-folder inside de FASTBOOT folder, with the exception of the 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file.'

1. Mount the image on Daemon virtual drive.
    2. With Windows explorer (my computer -> virtual drive) select all the files, folders, EXCEPT ip.bin and 1st_read.bin.
    3. Copy and paste the files & folders to /fastboot/DATA/
    4. Follow the rest of the guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Seems you've gotten it working anyway. But I might aswell explain this 'Mount the CD image with daemon tools, or any other virtual drive you have, and copy the entire content of the CD to the DATA sub-folder inside de FASTBOOT folder, with the exception of the 1st_read.bin, and IP.BIN file.'

1. Mount the image on Daemon virtual drive.
    2. With Windows explorer (my computer -> virtual drive) select all the files, folders, EXCEPT ip.bin and 1st_read.bin.
    3. Copy and paste the files & folders to /fastboot/DATA/
    4. Follow the rest of the guide
    I did all of it and it worked fine now the problem is the lag..may Its a driver problem? cause I don't have a gefoce 7