Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Executive Order: The government can sieze all assets.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default The New Executive Order: The government can sieze all assets.

If you pose a threat to undermining (protesting of any form) the war effort.

In an as yet un-numbered Executive Order (at least the number isn't published), president bush has decreed that your property - all of it - can be taken away at the sole discretion of the Secretary of the Treasury at the mere suspicion that you may commit a crime in the future.
    Here's a link to why this is the last step in tyranny: http://www.ron-paul-business-directo...o-tyranny.html

Here's the link to the actual executive order: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0070717-3.html

Basically, the latest executive order, assuming congress doesn't kill it, will allow the Secretary of the Treasury to sieze all your money, deeds, and titles to vehicles if you pose a risk to undermine the war effort. The reason I think that this is absolute tyranny is because everything you own can be taken away from you if you even so much as complain about the war.

What is wrong is that if this is not shot down by congress, it will become law and all future presidents will be able to intimidate the American public into doing what it wants. Democracy as we know it will be dead.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Here's a link to why this is the last step in tyranny: http://www.ron-paul-business-directo...o-tyranny.html

Here's the link to the actual executive order: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0070717-3.html

Basically, the latest executive order, assuming congress doesn't kill it, will allow the Secretary of the Treasury to sieze all your money, deeds, and titles to vehicles if you pose a risk to undermine the war effort. The reason I think that this is absolute tyranny is because everything you own can be taken away from you if you even so much as complain about the war.

What is wrong is that if this is not shot down by congress, it will become law and all future presidents will be able to intimidate the American public into doing what it wants. Democracy as we know it will be dead.
    I think your "friend" there is doing a bit of grandstanding. You have to pose a threat of violence, not just say "damn I hate the war". That threat has to impede the progress of the IRAQI government, and ultimately, it's not going to pass.

Relax
    Last edited by Sprung; 21st-July-2007 at 04:05.

Thanks

Sprung to the rescue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I think your "friend" there is doing a bit of grandstanding. You have to pose a threat of violence, not just say "damn I hate the war". That threat has to impede the progress of the IRAQI government, and ultimately, it's not going to pass.

Relax
    Read the full order. It's so broadly written that you don't actually have to have done anything for them to use it against you. Anyone who they say poses a potential risk to Iraq's stability and reconstruction can have their assets frozen, and since giving material or financial aid anyone blocked by this order is grounds to have the order used against you, you can get nailed just for having helped someone who gets this act used against them. Whether it was intentional or not.

Now realise who falls under "a significant risk" is determined by the executive branch, not the courts. There's no trial here, just them freezing all your money.

Bear in mind that executive orders don't have to be approved by Congress. Congress can refuse to fund them, or they can pass a law that contradicts them, but those ideas can be veto'd by the president. So unless the nay-sayers can muster a 2/3rds vote, this order is as good as written.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 21st-July-2007 at 12:03.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Read the full order. It's so broadly written that you don't actually have to have done anything for them to use it against you. Anyone who they say poses a potential risk to Iraq's stability and reconstruction can have their assets frozen, and since giving material or financial aid anyone blocked by this order is grounds to have the order used against you, you can get nailed just for having helped someone who gets this act used against them. Whether it was intentional or not.

Now realise who falls under "a significant risk" is determined by the executive branch, not the courts. There's no trial here, just them freezing all your money.

Bear in mind that executive orders don't have to be approved by Congress. Congress can refuse to fund them, or they can pass a law that contradicts them, but those ideas can be veto'd by the president. So unless the nay-sayers can muster a 2/3rds vote, this order is as good as written.

I hate to break the news to you guys, but it's not happening. Really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I hate to break the news to you guys, but it's not happening. Really.
    Care to actually rebutt what I've said?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Care to actually rebutt what I've said?
    Not really

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Wow, this is just retarded. I mean, like sprung said, there is no way that this is going to make it that far, but the fact that this was even considered just goes to show you how stupid our government is becoming.

Thanks
    EP Points

HAHA.

Try and get my shit and DOIE.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Wow, this is just retarded. I mean, like sprung said, there is no way that this is going to make it that far, but the fact that this was even considered just goes to show you how stupid our government is becoming.
    The whole government? Or just the people that came up with it, and are trying to pass it as a law?

Thanks

Doubt this will turn out, don't think America's turning into a tyranny yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuayThai65 View Post
    Doubt this will turn out, don't think America's turning into a tyranny yet.
    In b4 "TOO LATE"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The american government can kiss my assets if this catches on with other countries.

In the meantime, I'll be here in the middle of nowhere loling.

Thanks

Land of the free, fuck yeah.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Hey guys: Paladin_Hammer called, he wants his shtick back.