Thread: psx cheat mod cartridge

(Chris) Guest

Default psx cheat mod cartridge

psx cheat mod cartridge questions

1.do they play backups with out having to use a boot cd

2.do they play imports

3.do they play backups of import games

4.do you just need to plug it in the back of your psx to work

5.if they dont play backups of imported games will they load up a copied vesion of a psx boot disc so i can play backup imports

6.will it let me play vcds

7.if not to no.6 will it load a copied version of a vcd player disc so i can play vcds

8.will it play backup games with anti-mod on them

9.if no to no.8 will backups games with anti mod on them play if using a boot disc with the cheat mod cartridge

ok i think thats all in case you dont understand what i meant by cheat mod cartridge i mean one of those things they used to put the xplorer cheat cartridge things on the ones you plug in the back of your psx in the slot that has a plastic cover on it

thanks to anyone that helps

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

they play copied games, i dont know about foreign ones, but as u live in the UK, i might be able to remember a name of a decent 1, and yes u just need to plug them into the back of your PS, they load up, and u press play game without codes,, and thats it

xiox Guest

I think you're talking about the Plug Mods. They will only work on SCPH 7000 model and less PS1. The new PSOne and SCPH 9000 doesn't support it. Your PS1 has to have a I/O port in the back.

I had one of those ( I think the brand was GoldFinger) . What you have to do is put this little spring to make the PS1 think the tray is closed. Then just turn on the console with a regular game and swap when the Plug Mod menu shows up. You don't have to time it or anything. The one I had supported Gameshark/Caetla codes too.

Pretty sure it will play anything even anti-mod games since it uses swap trick. The only thing I ever used it for was a few backups and FF8 Import. They're excellent products but unless you have an older PS1 you're out of luck.

(Chris) Guest

they have one on gibsoft for 8.99 the only infomation it says it cheat mod cartridge will it work ok

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

pretty much every cheat cartridge that plugs into the back of your PS will work, try it, if not sell it to your mates

and like xiox said u need an old PS, 1 more than 3 years old
    Last edited by D; 6th-June-2002 at 19:53.

(Chris) Guest

cool ill go buy it right now

Thanks

These things really sux....why? You better just buy a MOD-chip.
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

(Chris) Guest

cos i brought a mod chip and couldent install it properly

why do they suck they do exactly the same thing as a mod chip anyway dont they