Thread: Playing DC games on PC

Thanks

Default Playing DC games on PC

I recently discovered how great DC was and I finally found a store near my house that sells old used games cheap. I am going to buy NFL 2k1 tomorrow and I want to play it on my PC with NullDC. I've been reading through the sega emulation threads but haven't found the direct answer to my question because almost all the threads I read talk of burning from the DC and I want to burn from by PC CD-Rom. Can I just use Alcohol 120 or another program to just dump the game into a CDI image to play on my PC?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by racamill View Post
    I recently discovered how great DC was and I finally found a store near my house that sells old used games cheap. I am going to buy NFL 2k1 tomorrow and I want to play it on my PC with NullDC. I've been reading through the sega emulation threads but haven't found the direct answer to my question because almost all the threads I read talk of burning from the DC and I want to burn from by PC CD-Rom. Can I just use Alcohol 120 or another program to just dump the game into a CDI image to play on my PC?

Thanks in advance.
    No.
    DC GD-ROM dumping is done through serial cable or BBA.

Thanks
    EP Points

What he means is that you need to use the slow ass modem integrated in the DC console to dump the game onto your computer using a "coder's cable", because the CDs used in the DC are actually GDs, which stands for GigabyteDisc. Your CD-ROM won't be able to read it at all. You'd better download it from somewhere.

Thanks

That's a bummer. I've been looking for downloads of NFL2k games and NHL 2k because I heard they were great games on the DC. I've found the torrents for each but no one is seeding them these days.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mmm, check for the admin named Sprung. He's got pretty much everything on his FTP, or can add it on request. Simply check the... FTP section? Actually, I have no clue.

Check his profile, anyways. It's all there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Direct download links? Sprung's FTP? Buy a Dreamcast, instead of the GD-ROM?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    What he means is that you need to use the slow ass modem integrated in the DC console to dump the game onto your computer using a "coder's cable", because the CDs used in the DC are actually GDs, which stands for GigabyteDisc. Your CD-ROM won't be able to read it at all. You'd better download it from somewhere.
    incorrect, you cant dump thought the modem, you either need the coders cable which connects through the dreamcasts serial port.... or you need the bba

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    incorrect, you cant dump thought the modem, you either need the coders cable which connects through the dreamcasts serial port.... or you need the bba
    I thought the slow modem was the reason why it took so long...
    And, I did mention the cable.

/googles

EDIT: There we go. Dial-up modem, which takes forever, coder's cable, or BBA. My bad.
    Last edited by Evans; 16th-July-2007 at 20:44.