Thread: Problems With Persona 2

Thanks

Default Problems With Persona 2

Okay, I was sent down this way to whine about my problem, so I'll just go ahead and post what I posted last night.

Well, I went over to rombomb and downloaded Persona 2, and it loaded up fine, but then it started acting weird, with the screen acting like something out of an old NES game when the screen starts messing up.

Then in the actual game play, it'd do stuff like replace the dialog with IIIIIII

And so on.

So, I was wondering if I was running the wrong video, or if I had my setting wrong (this is the first PSX game on epsxe that's done this) or maybe it's just that the game doesn't run well on a laptop (I have a Toshiba Satellite).
    Or maybe the fact that I have to download the whole thing at once.

I don't know. Obviously, I'm kind of a moron on this sort of thing.

So...yeah.

I've played a few games on epsxe now, (1.60 and 1.52) and haven't had any problems so far, so I am kind of curious as to what the hell went down with Persona 2 (I tried both versions and had the same luck).

These are my system specs, by the way, for the laptop.

http://www.pricerunner.com/pi/27-775...e-Product-Info

For both the 1.60 and 1.52 on epsxe, I'm running Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.41 for the video plugin, ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2. for the sound plugin, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. for cdrom, and SCPH1001 for the bios.

Again, my knowledge of emulation/roms is fairly limited. I had NES and SNES emulators several years ago, but I just recently got back into the whole thing, and I seriously don't know a whole lot about PSX emulation.

As Lewis Black once wrote, it's by the grace of God that I can even wipe myself.

I haven't had any serious problems with the other PSX games I've tried. Some very small glitches in video that have done nothing to seriously or adversely affect the gameplay itself.

Anyway, if someone can help a cuddly retard like myself on this, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

DX6 isn't the newest one.

The one named D3D Driver is actually the DX7 D3D Driver, but for some reason they left out the DX7 part in the name.

So, try the D3D (DX7) video plugin or the OpenGL one, and if that doesn't solve the problem, then click the Copy settings to clipboard button in the video config menu, and paste those settings to your next reply.

Thanks

It seems to be working now.

Thanks, man.

Any other disasters, I know who to turn to.

You guys seriously rock.

Thanks.