Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ISO'swont work??

Thanks

Thanks

No. Not really...are you trying to play the game from your CD drive, or as an ISO? If just an ISO..you don't really need a CDROM driver..

What file are you trying to open? ISO, Bin, or Cue?
    My signature is better than yours.

Thanks

Well, when I downloaded the file from the link emuparadise led me to, it came with 2 files, CUE and BIN. I have tried both, neither one worked, and it didnt come with an ISO. type file. I tried RPG maker and Wild arms....I would like to just play it as an ISO, or whichever is easiest. I'm a huge noob at this (in case everyone hasn't noticed which I'm sure you all have lol) so I don't know what alot of the file types are..I have used emulators before but they were alot more straight forward, like click run and choose your rom and it plays..which is kind of what it sounds like this should be doing but it's just not working lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by spiffiestpengui View Post
    Well, when I downloaded the file from the link emuparadise led me to, it came with 2 files, CUE and BIN. I have tried both, neither one worked, and it didnt come with an ISO. type file. I tried RPG maker and Wild arms....I would like to just play it as an ISO, or whichever is easiest. I'm a huge noob at this (in case everyone hasn't noticed which I'm sure you all have lol) so I don't know what alot of the file types are..I have used emulators before but they were alot more straight forward, like click run and choose your rom and it plays..which is kind of what it sounds like this should be doing but it's just not working lol
    Bin and ISO files are the image file, the game. So, if you are using ePSXe, go to file/run ISO and open your bin file. If you have your emu properly configured, the game will run.

Thanks

Yeah, your right, and it sounds so simple and thats the way i thought it would be, i guess all there is left to do is mess with my settings, maybe i really DONT have it config'd right, because you all know what your talking about and im getting alot of good ways to fix it, they just arent working, so mayube its my settings afterall...seeing as how the picture wont show do you think it could possibly be my video card setting i have??? oh well ill mess with it and see what i can do, thanks everyone

Thanks
    EP Points

We dont' know what are your computer specifications, would help if you could post them, but for both games you mentioned, RPG maker and Wild Arms, try Pete's Soft plugin as your video plugin (http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm) Eternal SPU 1.41 for sound (http://ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php?cat...win32&type=spu ) and Peops CDR (http://www.pbernert.com/html/cdr.htm).

Thanks

Ok, NOW were making some progress. Finally i have at least something to go on, I downloaded breath of fire 3, but i deleted wild arms (probably re-download again now) The game will now load, in full screen, BUT it is like its in super fast forward. I put my settings to the closest i could from what you told me, but not all the choices were there so i kind of improvised..my computer specs are:
    512 MB ram, total hard disk capacity, 74GB used 47 GB free 27 GB, windows XP service pack 2.0. Speed 1991 MHz. Video card NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU, sound card NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio, display resolution 1024x768....not sure iof any of this helps, if i missed anything you need let me know. The settings i currently have for my ePSXe are : Video plug in P.E.Op.s. soft driver 1.4, sound plug in :eternal SPU plugin 1.41,CDROM plug in:ePSXe CDR WNT/2WK core 1.5.2 Oh and by the way the version of ePSXe I have is 1.6.0 is the reason im not seeing all the options you told me to select because i have an outdated version?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

open epsxe > config > video > configure > check "Use FPS Limit"

1.6.0 is the latest version.

Thanks

were getting closer and closer it works better now then it did before, thanks. The only issue I'm having now is the sound works for some games but not all....I have only tried 2 games since it started working, breath of fire 3 which the sound works with, and rpg maker which the sound doesnt work with..I read somewhere that ePSXe isnt good with RPG's if you use a certain sound card so i'll mess with that, it seems a little slow, but it's better than too fast. is there Anything else i can do just to touch it up as far as the sound only working for some, and the slower movement? otherwise thanks so much to everyone that helped me i really appreciate it.

Thanks
    EP Points

As for the music, make sure you have the 3 boxes checked in your sound plugin configuration screeen (enable sound, xa and cdda sound). You could try to run the games through Daemon too.

Thanks

Well now that you are making some progress with ePSXe, I think it's time I mention another PlayStation emulator that you can try out (even though I'm sure a lot of the staff here is getting tired of me mentioning it )

The emulator is called pSX The Emulator (or psxfin as it's called due to that being the name of the executable file for the emulator to avoid confusing people). It does not use plugins and for the most part the only thing you'll have to configure is your controls and memcard files. You can download it here:
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com

If you get an error message about a missing dll file then go to the link on that page where it mentions that to get the required DirectX 9c update that pSX's code is based on.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

I went ahead and checked all 3 boxes for the sound plug-in's like you said...it didnt seem to make a difference whether they were checked or not, the sound still sounded like a skipping CD or something, like the whole program itself isnt running just quite fast enough, it's almost like its lagging or something, maybe its not the sound plug-in, but the video plug in? also, I tried the psxfin, and i did have to download that extra thing, but even still it wont work, after i open it, and select english, it says failed to initialize D3D device, and i click ok, it says unhandled exception, save a crash dump?? I chose no for it...anyways thats where I am at now, maybe my computer just cant handle games lol

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

I downloaded the latest version, but it didnt do anything for me, I think i already downloaded it once when i downloaded the DLL and it said i already had the latest version.
    Last edited by spiffiestpengui; 16th-July-2007 at 04:30.

Thanks

That's strange. I've had someone else before mention this. I'll see if there is any talk about it on pSX's forums.

[EDIT]
    I'm having trouble finding anything. Try using the 9c update that I use.
    http://www.haldrie.com/files/D3DX9_dll_update.zip
    Last edited by Haldrie; 16th-July-2007 at 05:35.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel