Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Some Help

Thanks

Default I Need Some Help

(I'm a nub at this so don't flame me please)

I'm having trouble with some discs I've been burning Recently. I've burned a Megaman X4 ISO to a 40X, 700MB Memorex Music CD-R with Alchohol 120% at the Slowest Speed hostpital as recommended. It works Perfectly in my ePSXe but I've tried it in my REGULAR(Lighter Version) PS2 and it just says insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 Disc. I made sure to set type to Playstation in Alchohol 120%. I didn't know How to Fix this so I came here. I couldn't find the thing I was looking for(This forum is HUGE!) so I decided to make my own thread. I don't have gameshark or a regular PSone.
    Can you guys help me out?

Thanks
    EP Points

PS2 doesn't read backup PSX games without Breaker Pro or a PSX game compatible modchip.

Thanks

Oh
    Well Thanks for that Bit of info.
    But 1 question, Do I need any tools on a smaller white PSone (My older brother has one of these) to Load it and play? I'm not sure what bios it has though. And where Can I get Breaker Pro?
    Last edited by Omega Knuckles; 12th-July-2007 at 21:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Knuckles View Post
    Oh
    Well Thanks for that Bit of info.
    But 1 question, Do I need any tools on a smaller white PSone (My older brother has one of these) to Load it and play? I'm not sure what bios it has though. And where Can I get Breaker Pro?
    You need a Gameshark or something similar type disc. And you'll have to perform a disc swap.
    I dunno about where to get Breaker Pro.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here is a link I found that sells the Breaker Pro. http://www.ultimateconsoleguides.com/Breaker.htm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Breaker Pro won't do it on it's own, as Astaroth said, you'll need a way to perform the swap trick in order to boot the backup game (fliptop cover or magic keys/switch)

Thanks

Wow, Thanks for your help guys. But I have a Question. How do I properly Burn mdx and mds files to a disc With Alchohol 120% (trial) at the same time. I'm only
    familiar with just burning the ISO and it automatically converts for me. And what do you mean by performing a disc swap? How is a swap trick done?
    Last edited by Omega Knuckles; 12th-July-2007 at 21:36.

Thanks

Perhaps I can add a little info for you. The thing is that Sony didn't want anyone to be able to simply copy a game and run it on the original system so they put special checks in the system to allow it to detect a burned copy of the disc. My guess is that it checks for the atip with is only on a burned disc for power calibration of the laser.

The only way to get a burned game to run in a PSX or PS2 is to either perform a "swap trick" which involves inserting a disc that the system will load and read as authentic and then swap out for the burn without letting the system know the swap is being performed or by modifying the system by soudering special chips to the motherboard of the system to bypass the protections on the system and allow a burned disc to play.

An easy swap trick for PlayStation game is to load up a GameShark or CodeBreaker disc while jamming the eject swith on an original PlayStation and when it asked you to "Insert PlayStation CD" then just take out the disc and put in the original. Press the button it wants you to press and it will load the game. The same trick can be performed on a PS2 but it requires a little more work to prevent the system from detecting the swap.

I hope some of this info is useful to you and wellcome to the forums.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Knuckles View Post
    Wow, Thanks for your help guys. But I have a Question. How do I properly Burn mdx and mds files to a disc With Alchohol 120% (trial) at the same time. I'm only
    familiar with just burning the ISO and it automatically converts for me.
    mdf/mds image is an Alcohol 120% image. Select the MDS in Alcohol 120%.

MDF/MDS is Alcohol 120%'s own "bin/cue" or "ccd/img/sub" disc image. Except the MDF stores subchannel data unlike the standard "bin/cue" image.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 12th-July-2007 at 21:37.

Thanks

I tried doing that and I got this error
    No RMPS info in the source, you are not able to make a copy using this datatype!
    Also, I have A Megaman X5 binary and .cue sheet file and I need to know, Which one am I supposed to burn with Alchohol 120%
    Last edited by Omega Knuckles; 12th-July-2007 at 22:25.

Thanks

Then you must have been trying to use the SecuROM burn option. Use the PlayStation one.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

I am using the playstation one. As a default too! This message shows up at the screen right BEFORE you start burning

Thanks

You must have somehow checked to burn RMPS data on the options. Just disable this option and it will burn. The only special setting that the PlayStation option does is the RAW DAO burn mode.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Ok then. I'm trying to make a backup for my brother's dirty Final Fantasy VIII disc 3 so we can play through the whole game without it freezing during the Cutscenes. I have a Binary and a .cue file. I burn the .cue one. Right?

Edit: Nevermind,

I figured it out. Now I just have to block the sensors on my Slim ps2

Edit 2: A friend of mine has a gray PSone(SCPH1001 I think) and a gameshark, WHat's the method for starting up my backup with that? And am I able to use the gameshark codes on the Backup Disc? It's version 1.99. The gameshark that is
    Last edited by Omega Knuckles; 13th-July-2007 at 02:30.

Thanks

In order to load a burned game with a GameShark you need the actual disc not a burned GameShark. Just jam the sensor so that the disc will read with the lid open and once you see the GameShark menu you can swap discs. The PlayStation doesn't read the disc once it's at the menu even though the disc will continue to spin. At this point you can choose to use cheats if you like or just load the game like usual. Slower burn speed are easier for the PlayStation to read so if the FMVs or audio are skipping try a different burn speed. The PSones are suppose to be able to read discs better then the original PSX so you might not have too many problems with it.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel