Thread: problem saving

Thanks

Default problem saving

Every time I try to save a game it says file freezing in read only mode.
    Also every time I start up the snes9x emulator it says I won't be able to save because its in read only mode but every time i Try to change it from read only mode it says It can't. Can anyone help me with this problem or is it something wrong with my pc Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Turn off the emulator and make sure it's closed by checking with ctrl+alt+del. Then, uncheck through Properties the "read only" attribute for both game and emulator. If that doesn't work and you still can't change that attribute, then try just after restarting.

EDIT: Personally, I use ZSnesw. Never had an issue with it.

Thanks

Ok thanks I'll try restarting

Yeah it still don't work is it cause I have it on a cd cause I don't want to put it on the computer. No matter what I do its in read only mode so it won't save, and it not like a check in the box it a full square in it. I've never had this kind of problem before so I don't have any clue what to do. If freakin Nintendo would actually release good games even good old games for the wii I wouldn't have to do this ahhhhhh
    Last edited by imacrazedclown; 7th-July-2007 at 00:39.

Thanks

The umulator cannot save the file to a CD, because the CD is probably full, and it'd take alot of recourses just to do so every time you want to save. Best thing to do is either, in the snes9x directory, is direct the saves to a folder on the computer, or just move the emulator itself to the computer, the games can stay on the CD.

Try it, then you should have no problem saving..
    Last edited by like_Vin; 7th-July-2007 at 02:01.
    My signature is better than yours.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by like_Vin View Post
    The umulator cannot save the file to a CD, because the CD is probably full, and it'd take alot of recourses just to do so every time you want to save. Best thing to do is either, in the snes9x directory, is direct the saves to a folder on the computer, or just move the emulator itself to the computer, the games can stay on the CD.

Try it, then you should have no problem saving..
    No, it's not because the CD's full, it's because it's a CD.
    But, he's right, configure the emulator so it makes the saves in a folder of your choice.

If it still doesn't wanna work, then you'll have to put the games you want on the PC, since you can't change the attributes of files burned onto a CD.

Thanks

Ah, well. I was right for the most part. But usually whenever I burn a CD, I can put like one, 4mb song on it, burn it, CD can't be used ever again because it'll say it has no room left.

Which reminds me, I need to be able to burn CDs on this computer. Two CD drives, no burner.

I wonder how much one costs, internal, or external..-goes to Ninja.com-

Actually, they cost quite a bit of money I don't have. not one less that $30?!

They should be really cheap by now.

Thanks

The reason CDs say they are full is because once you burn a CD and finalize it nothing can be added to it. The only exception is with CD-RWs but in order to add to it you have to erase it first. The only way you can treat a CD-RW disc like you would any other drive is by formatting the disc using a program like InCD but those discs will only be readable on a computer that can understand the UDF files system that the discs will be formatted in.

What InCD does is allows you to add, delete, rename and just about anything you want to the files on the disc and burns the disc in packets of data instead of a one large track. This can cause fragmenting of the files just like any other drive so it's not recommended to modify the files too much. If it comes down to that then it's best to back-up the files to your hard drive, delete them from the disc (or reformat the disc) and copy the files back onto it.

Also, try checking in stores around where you live for CD burners before you try online. With a store you won't have to worry about shipping costs.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Oh, I'm gonna look around, but from what I've seen, the cheapest one is $50.00.

And that's $50 That I don't have.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Just put the emulator on your computer instead of trying to run it from a CD, imacrazedclown.

It's not going to cause your computer any harm.