Thread: Quick Question about Multiple disc PSX ISOS

Thanks

Default Quick Question about Multiple disc PSX ISOS

I know that when there are Isos that are split up into parts you are supposed to extract all the parts into one place to create the game file, but I wanted to know what to do with games that were originally released with multiple discs (such as FFVII). To download this game, there are three discs with about 10 parts each. After I download all the parts, I wanted to know, am I supposed to combine ALL the parts of ALL three discs together, or am I supposed to combine all the parts of disc one, all the parts of disc two, and all the parts of disc three and keep each disc separate...?

Thanks in advance. If my post is not appreciated here please feel free to remove it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Each disk is it's own separate ISO file, so just exract part 1 from each disk, and you'll be fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Install WinRAR, right-click the first file only of each disc, and simply extract. The prog will take care of joining the parts and creating the image you want. Again, just extract the first file, and it will happen by itself.

Beaten to it.

Thanks

So you guys are saying to keep each disc separate, right?

So to combine the files, you only need to extract the first file, and it does everything else for you? Just so I get this right, highlighting every part of a certain disc and extracting it to the same location would have the same effect, right?

Wow, you guys sure responded fast. I've been to other emulator/rom forums, and it took about two days for someone to respond. I think I'll stay around here more.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by megadeth078 View Post
    So you guys are saying to keep each disc separate, right?

So to combine the files, you only need to extract the first file, and it does everything else for you? Just so I get this right, highlighting every part of a certain disc and extracting it to the same location would have the same effect, right?

Wow, you guys sure responded fast. I've been to other emulator/rom forums, and it took about two days for someone to respond. I think I'll stay around here more.
    Not really. You can have them all in the same folder if you want. WinRAR will differentiate them as long as the names are different. Like, it won't take part 3 of disc 2 to extract disc 1, simply because the names don't match.

I'm pretty sure you can extract by selecting all the files of a disc, but just the first will do.

No problem.

Thanks

Thanks Evans, you too, Josh.

I've never played Final Fantasy VII before, but I suppose it's never too late to start.

Thanks

When you extract part 1 WinRAR will extract everything from part 1 then move to part 2 then 3 and so on until it reaches the end of the archive. If any parts are missing then WinRAR will pop-up a message asking for the location of the missing part if all the parts aren't in the same folder.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by megadeth078 View Post
    Just so I get this right, highlighting every part of a certain disc and extracting it to the same location would have the same effect, right?
    Don't highlight or select all the rar parts when extracting.

If you do, WinRar will try to extract the file more than once (the number of times is determined by how many parts)

So, if there are 12 parts, and you select them all and extract, WinRar will try to extract that file 12 times.

You only need to extract it once, so right-click on just one part (doesn't matter which) and choose extract, and WinRar will only extract once.