View Poll Results: Are you for or against abortion?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

15 39.47%
  • Against

15 39.47%
  • For, under extenuating circumstances

8 21.05%
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Business: Abortion

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default Serious Business: Abortion

Serious topic here people. You've been warned.

During work I've been listening to radio this week and there's been lots of discussions about abortion and whether it's right or wrong. I figured that would make a good thread so here we are. So what is you guys take on abortion? Are you for or against it and why is that?

I'm for it myself. I couldn't care less about the religious aspects and I think if someone gets pregnant and didn't want to, there should be an option. Especially if the woman was sexually abused.

Discuss.

Thanks
    EP Points

Shit I dunno. I am over-annalysing everything in my head for I am too stoned. Public abortions for everyone!
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Rape, high risk for the mother's life and severe malformation in the fetus.
    Those are the only reasons why I'd understand it and only if it's practised during the first weeks. Other than that, giving the creature in adoption would be the solution.
    Less abortions, more responsability and more sexual education.

Thanks

For me there isnt a "choice" in the matter except for the termination of another persons life, which in some places is called murder. Religion or not, who should get the "choice" to eliminate someone else?

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm for abortion, I suppose. I don't think it should be trivialised, and I'd hate to see a day come where people begin to think 'it doesn't matter if I get pregnant, I'll just get an abortion'. I don't think it should be easy to have an abortion without good reason, and I think it should always be handled on a case by case basis.

Still, I really do believe that the option should be there in certain situations. And I don't think there should be any question of it being allowed in the case of a sexually abused mother-to-be. To force a woman who has already been abused to also bear a child she doesn't want is...beyond vile...

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Rape, high risk for the mother's life and severe malformation in the fetus.
    Those are the only reasons why I'd understand it and only if it's practised during the first weeks. Other than that, giving the creature in adoption would be the solution.
    Less abortions, more responsability and more sexual education.
    I agree, those are valid. If a girl screws up because other reasons than the above mentioned by Sesame Street... and she aborts the baby, she is a fucking murderer. There are many measures available to prevent pregnancy.

IMO, that is.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    I'm for abortion, I suppose. I don't think it should be trivialised, and I'd hate to see a day come where people begin to think 'it doesn't matter if I get pregnant, I'll just get an abortion'. I don't think it should be easy to have an abortion without good reason, and I think it should always be handled on a case by case basis.

Still, I really do believe that the option should be there in certain situations. And I don't think there should be any question of it being allowed in the case of a sexually abused mother-to-be. To force a woman who has already been abused to also bear a child she doesn't want is...beyond vile...
    What she said.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Galcian View Post
    I agree, those are valid. If a girl screws up because other reasons than the above mentioned by Sesame Street... and she aborts the baby, she is a fucking murderer. There are many measures available to prevent pregnancy.

IMO, that is.
    I agree. It's terrible how in today's world, people are trying to take away the responsibility and consequences of their own actions.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not against abortion. The reasons have been mentioned in posts above. Preventing, or making abortions illegal would, without joking, be pretty idiotic. But, of course, there needs to be a good reason for taking an abortion. It's not something you do "just because".

Thanks

I'm for it. It's better than causing more pain and suffering for the mother/father and the unwanted child.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What he said, even. Melody is a guy, Danny.

Anyway, I think that abortion should be legal, if only because nobody has figured out a way to stop people from raping one another.

It shouldn't be used by promiscuous women who don't want to take birth-control or engage in safe-sex, however.

And I don't want to hear any BS about how someone's man wouldn't use a condom. It's as easy as telling him no if he doesn't want to wrap his willy before sex, and if you're on birth-control, the chances that you'll get pregnant if he chooses not to are so minute as to be nearly non-existent anyway, so as long as you and your partner have all your ducks in a row, there's no reason why you ought to need an abortion. And on the off-chance that you still get pregnant, you have the option to give it up for adoption should you find yourself unable to care for your child.

So...yeah. Abortions for rape victims, no abortions for anyone else. Tiny American flags for all!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    What he said, even. Melody is a guy, Danny.

Anyway, I think that abortion should be legal, if only because nobody has figured out a way to stop people from raping one another.

It shouldn't be used by promiscuous women who don't want to take birth-control or engage in safe-sex, however.

And I don't want to hear any BS about how someone's man wouldn't use a condom. It's as easy as telling him no if he doesn't want to wrap his willy before sex, and if you're on birth-control, the chances that you'll get pregnant if he chooses not to are so minute as to be nearly non-existent anyway, so as long as you and your partner have all your ducks in a row, there's no reason why you ought to need an abortion. And on the off-chance that you still get pregnant, you have the option to give it up for adoption should you find yourself unable to care for your child.

So...yeah. Abortions for rape victims, no abortions for anyone else. Tiny American flags for all!
    Rep:
    The Hangout: I loves to... -- 29th-June-2007 14:06 -- Melody -- Little Melody is still so young and naive. She still has so much to learn about the ways of the internet. =o ...wait, did I just say 'she'?

;]

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I agree. It's terrible how in today's world, people are trying to take away the responsibility and consequences of their own actions.
    I wonder which is worse, though: having a child brought up just because people need to learn about consequences and responsibility or abortion of an unwanted child who might end up having a shitty life. I prefer not to take chances just because the kid could end up doing well and being loved, etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wonder which is worse, though: having a child brought up just because people need to learn about consequences and responsibility or abortion of an unwanted child who might end up having a shitty life. I prefer not to take chances just because the kid could end up doing well and being loved, etc.
    In that case, adoption is an option. Abortion, not so much.

Thanks
    EP Points

In that case, adoption is an option. Abortion, not so much.
    I suppose, but how is this any different? How can you learn responsibilities and whatnot if you just get rid of the "problem" by giving it away? Frankly, I can't really say anything about adoption as I have very little to no knowledge of how it works nowadays.

Thanks
    EP Points

And on the off-chance that you still get pregnant, you have the option to give it up for adoption should you find yourself unable to care for your child.
    yeah, with adoption there really isn't a need other than medical to get an abortion. Regardless of if you hate that demonseed.

I think your poll is missing a category, "For it, but wouldn't get one myself". Of course I could never have one for obvious reasons. ( I having the other set of parts).

Well my view on it is this. I am for it but would never get or have to deal with one myself. I mean to me its fine if someone wants to get one, and for those who don't want one i.e. religious peoples or otherwise then no one is forcing it down your throat. I mean seriously.

Sure there is tons of contraceptives, but they aren't 100% Yes i admit that most of the times its rape or carelessness from both parties involved, but what about the off-chance its a legit contraceptive failure?

So my verdict is if you want one then have one, if not then put it up for adoption or raise it up properly.

Also, I don't know if you guys know this or not, but most of the time (which is almost every time) they have to get in and abort the demonseed the girl will never ever have sex again. If the random chance that she can she'll need a heavy does of the morphines b/c the pain will be worst than radiation burns.