Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking into this PSP deal thingy...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Yeah...I think the latest version of custom firmwares just improves on PSX compatibility

Tiger, as I said, it would be wise to hold on and wait for at least a week or two and read up on the success rate of people downgrading their PSPs using Lumines. Better to be safe than sorry

Also, I would like to add that you are gonna need more than 32 mb of mem card space to downgrade, and it won't be possible with the 32 mb MSPD that you get with the value pack (just in case if you're getting the value pack), so it would be better if you get a bigger mem card, and it would of course be wise to spend the money just once and get a 4 gb one, in the end helping you to put music, PSone games, various emulators, and homebrew as well as PSP games at one go
    I plan on getting a 4GB MSPD. Also, I hope to find a low FW so I wont need Lumines. But I should buy the game just for its hotness now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    I plan on getting a 4GB MSPD. Also, I hope to find a low FW so I wont need Lumines. But I should buy the game just for its hotness now.
    Haha yes...its prices are gonna skyrocket once it goes extinct Even I had that sinister urge to buy and horde at least two Lumines UMDs and sell em later at a high price but as of now am broke

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha yes...its prices are gonna skyrocket once it goes extinct Even I had that sinister urge to buy and horde at least two Lumines UMDs and sell em later at a high price but as of now am broke
    Good idea. Gonna hit every store in town now.

Thanks

Good idea. Gonna hit every store in town now.
    Know what...I can give you a better idea Don't sell your Lumines. Charge people for downgrading their PSP. People here in the gray market in my city charge people anywhere from $40 to $45 US for downgrading their PSPs. May be you can do the same

Shipping of PSP of course paid by the sender

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Know what...I can give you a better idea Don't sell your Lumines. Charge people for downgrading their PSP. People here in the gray market in my city charge people anywhere from $40 to $45 US for downgrading their PSPs. May be you can do the same

Shipping of PSP of course paid by the sender
    + rep. You definately deserve it.

--EDIT--
    You know u have somethign here. A guy I know mods and sells PSP's for 210 bux USD. He has made tons of cash from doing it too.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 26th-June-2007 at 23:42.

Thanks

+ rep. You definately deserve it.

--EDIT--
    You know u have somethign here. A guy I know mods and sells PSP's for 210 bux USD. He has made tons of cash from doing it too.
    Glad you liked the idea

Here's something you should look at...

http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...0&postcount=11

mark the words...

"It will automatically detect all known PSP motherboard types, and do the appropriate steps to ensure a safe downgrade."

Now that is something amazing Totally fucking minimizes the risk of a brick

Edit: Of course the same thing has been mentioned in "The Ultimate Downgrader Guide"
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 26th-June-2007 at 23:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

After ya read the whole warining it kinda makes you shiver.

oki guys I feel this warrants a double post. Got my PSP today. It is box letter R and its not on the list. So I am gonna check the firmware on it manually, also can someone post a lin kto a walkthrough or walk me through the downgrading then upgrading to the custom fiurmware bit? Preferably Sprung, Snkupo, or Kazekage Gaara.

--EDIT--
    where do I go on my PSP to check the firmware thats on my PSP?

Whe I finally do the downgrade to 1.50 FW I need a guide to upgrading it to 3.40-OE
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 27th-June-2007 at 20:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

After ya read the whole warining it kinda makes you shiver.

oki guys I feel this warrants a double post. Got my PSP today. It is box letter R and its not on the list. So I am gonna check the firmware on it manually, also can someone post a lin kto a walkthrough or walk me through the downgrading then upgrading to the custom fiurmware bit? Preferably Sprung, Snkupo, or Kazekage Gaara.

--EDIT--
    where do I go on my PSP to check the firmware thats on my PSP?

Whe I finally do the downgrade to 1.50 FW I need a guide to upgrading it to 3.40-OE

I'll need to know your firmware before I can get the proper tutorial. Also, if you have a TA-XX motherboard, you might have some writing on the inside of the UMD slot...it's upside down, and printed on the inside lip of the edge.

EDIT: System Information

Thanks
    EP Points

Fw 3.40
    Mb: Ta-82

Sprung if you have a gmail account please gtalk me. Please. email addys are free if u dont have one to use gtalk with me. I'd like live support. Please.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 27th-June-2007 at 23:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fw 3.40
    Mb: Ta-82

Sprung if you have a gmail account please gtalk me. Please. email addys are free if u dont have one to use gtalk with me. I'd like live support. Please.
    http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html

It looks like the Lumines downgrade is your only option. The type of downgrade I did seems to stop at 2.80, which is what I have. (had)

I don't know much at all about the Lumines downgrade

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html

It looks like the Lumines downgrade is your only option. The type of downgrade I did seems to stop at 2.80, which is what I have. (had)

I don't know much at all about the Lumines downgrade
    well u can help me convert to Dark Alex's Custom Firmware 3.40 OE once I get it downgraded to 1.50 FW cant you?

--EDIT--
    1.) After downgrading then upgrading to the custom firmware can I ever go back to factory issued firmware?
    2.) Can I go online with the custom firmware and pirated PSP games.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 28th-June-2007 at 00:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

well u can help me convert to Dark Alex's Custom Firmware 3.40 OE once I get it downgraded to 1.50 FW cant you?

--EDIT--
    1.) After downgrading then upgrading to the custom firmware can I ever go back to factory issued firmware?
    2.) Can I go online with the custom firmware and pirated PSP games.
    1) I am not sure...I think you can unless you started out with (I think) v3.11. There's something about it on that site I linked you to.
    2) Yes, absolutely

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

1) If you use the Lumines FW there's a restriction: if you have a TA-082 you can't go back and update to official 3.30+ FWs once you downgrade.

Recent Sony official firmwares (3.30 onwards) have included checks that block upgrade from previously-downgraded PSPs with TA-082 or later motherboards. If you use this downgrader on such a PSP, you will lock yourself out of official firmware updates - although you will still be able to use new OE firmwares when they are released. We intend to release a tool to allow a return to official firmwares in the future.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67048

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    1) If you use the Lumines FW there's a restriction: if you have a TA-082 you can't go back and update to official 3.30+ FWs once you downgrade.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67048
    This shouldn't be a problem to you at all so don't freak out The latest custom firmwares can do all the things that the official firmware can do...nothing is removed . So technically you don't need the official firmware and even if you require it in the future (which I think is HIGHLY UNLIKELY) you can always rely on those guys to create a fix for it like they have mentioned

Also, you haven't mentioned anywhere whether you got your hands on a copy of Lumines....so did you get Lumines ???
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 28th-June-2007 at 17:12.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

This shouldn't be a problem to you at all so don't freak out The latest custom firmwares can do all the things that the official firmware can do...nothing is removed . So technically you don't need the official firmware and even if you require it in the future (which I think is HIGHLY UNLIKELY) you can always rely on those guys to create a fix for it like they have mentioned

Also, you haven't mentioned anywhere whether you got your hands on a copy of Lumines....so did you get Lumines ???
    I know, I wasn't talking about me, my PSP has been on 1.5 for almost a year and I haven't even bothered to upgrade it to a custom FW yet I guess I'll do it one of these days
    I bought a copy of GTA:LCS when the exploit was discovered and prolly I'll do the same with Lumines, even if I don't need it to downgrade my PSP.