Thread: PSP "USB Device not recognized"

Thanks

Default PSP "USB Device not recognized"

Hi,

Well, whenever I connect my PSP to my PC, it shows me this message...

"USB Device Not Recognized"

Whats up with that ??? Previously my PC had Windows XP Professional installed without any service packs and it worked just fine, but it would always say...

"Hi-Speed USB device connected to non-Hi-Speed USB port"

and would always recommend me to install a USB Host Controller or something. I did extensive research on google and came to know that I need Service Pack 2 to enable/make my USB ports go v2.0. I have an original Intel 865GBF motherboard and I know my USB ports are v2.0.

Coz of this I went ahead and installed Service Pack 2 on my comp but now it stopped detecting my PSP altogether Previously when I didn't have any service packs installed and my USB ports were v1.0, whenever I would connect my PSP, it would actually show "PSP found" or something like that but it was really annoying coz it would take a hella lotta time to copy a 1 gb PSP ISO.

So what gives ??? Whats going wrong here ??

Edit: Okay I did some research on the internet and some guy had the same problem and I think he changed his USB to Mini USB cable and it worked fine for him. I guess I should give it a try coz am using a cheap ass cable ($1.5 US dollars ). One of my friend has a really high quality Sony Mini USB cable, which he got with his Cybershot. May be I'll give it a try and see if it works. If it works, then I guess I'll have to get myself a high quality Mini USB cable

Edit II:

Okay I found something on PSP vault...

Be sure you purchase a cable that supports USB 2.0. Since the PSP itself supports USB 2.0, you will see significantly faster transfer rates when using USB 2.0 in conjunction with a Memory Stick PRO Duo. When transferring large amounts of data to and from the PSP, this will make quite a difference in transfer speeds. The NewEgg cable supports USB 2.0. Also, PSP-Vault member sirchode points out this important tidbit:
    May be thats the problem right there. Maybe my cheap ass Mini USB cable doesn't support USB 2.0. Hell, it didn't even come in proper packaging or soemthing which would say it supports USB 2.0 so am not particularly sure
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 19th-June-2007 at 17:50.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Try a different/"real" USB cable and come back with a report. I haven't heard of anything like this happening, and I am rather curious. I've never had this problem.