Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo DS thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    No problem I bought my Supercard MiniSD from them a few weeks before the R4 was released. I bought the SuperPass from some Korean site. The Korean shipment took 3 weeks, the RealHotStuff shipment was a few days.
    Don't buy from Korea again.

R4DS, Kingston (Japan) 2GB microSD

Will that whole Japanese thing cause me any problems?
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

The R4 is great. I'd reccomend it. Apparently 4gb cards work, but are unstable at the moment.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post

Honestly, I would just buy the R4 from them, and buy an SD card from OfficeMax or something. That way you know you're getting good memory.

I'm actually thinking about doing the same. I sold my DS when my old GBA flash cart finally died (which is why I have that SuperPass I tried to give to you). I'd really like to try out that new Zelda game, and some of the other DS games that are coming out/are out.

I can get a used DS at Gamestop for $30 with the store credit I already have, and grab an R4 at RealHotStuff for $40. a 2GB MicroSD is only $34.95 at OfficeMax.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkei View Post
    The R4 is great. I'd reccomend it. Apparently 4gb cards work, but are unstable at the moment.
    I think I will be just fine with a 2gb. But I just want to be sure the whole Japanese thing isn't a big deal. I wouldn't think it would be, but I like to be sure.

Honestly, I would just buy the R4 from them, and buy an SD card from OfficeMax or something. That way you know you're getting good memory.

I'm actually thinking about doing the same. I sold my DS when my old GBA flash cart finally died (which is why I have that SuperPass I tried to give to you). I'd really like to try out that new Zelda game, and some of the other DS games that are coming out/are out.

I can get a used DS at Gamestop for $30 with the store credit I already have, and grab an R4 at RealHotStuff for $40. a 2GB MicroSD is only $34.95 at OfficeMax.
    I was just looking for a one stop shop solution. I'm lazy like that. Isn't $34.95 a bit steep? Check it.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134478
    Last edited by Strongbad; 7th-November-2007 at 02:50.
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Where'd dat post go?

Anyway, I disqualify newegg because they refuse to accept my credit card. The same card I use everywhere else. To top it off, they don't tell me either, they just never send me my order, then I call, and they say "oh, your card was denied". Yeah, thanks fucknut. You think you might have told me 3 weeks ago?

anyway, $34 was my first low hit, there might be better places, but I was referring to somewhere I can drive to and buy it, not order it.

Thanks

Where'd dat post go?

Anyway, I disqualify newegg because they refuse to accept my credit card. The same card I use everywhere else. To top it off, they don't tell me either, they just never send me my order, then I call, and they say "oh, your card was denied". Yeah, thanks fucknut. You think you might have told me 3 weeks ago?

anyway, $34 was my first low hit, there might be better places, but I was referring to somewhere I can drive to and buy it, not order it.
    Has Newegg done that more than once?

Nearest drive for me is Staples. I hate Staples.

Thanks
    EP Points

Your Order Has Been Processed!

Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days.

Please notify me of updates to the products I have selected below:

R4DS

Thanks for shopping with us online!

$46 shipped.

Thanks

$46 shipped.
    I'm gonna get me one too. I just gotta figure out the whole credit card situation.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm gonna get me one too. I just gotta figure out the whole credit card situation.

Ask Mom

If I had waited another week or two, I would have bought one back when I got my Supercard...oh well, live and learn, I guess.

Now I need to get a DS (I think I'm going about this whole thing backwards...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Yup
    Show/tell me how.

Also come play with me.*

*both sexual and with video games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

So now I am thinking I am just going to get a slot 1 card. I don't really need, and probably won't use the GBA function. There are only a few games on there that I want to play and haven't, but those could easily be emulated. Anyway, I was thinking about the R4. Thoughts on this? Also, where can I buy one. The retailer linked in the review didn't have any listed.
    The fact that you've decided to go with a slot1 card doesn't mean the gba gaming is all lost. The EZteam has just released a cart that includes GBA function, browser RAM and Rumble function all in one card, it's called EZ Flash 3 in 1 and it works with almost all slot1 cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Show/tell me how.

Also come play with me.*

*both sexual and with video games.
    Sorry, I don't have my NDS with me right now
    First look for your friend code, insert any online game and go to the options to find it (it's different for each game) Then post it in this thread I'm linking (you can add the codes you want from there, wait for them to be online or contact them to play). I'll have to do the same
    http://www.epforums.org/ds-friend-co...175/index.html

Thanks

$46 shipped.
    Enjoy your R4 Sprung....Its totally worth it Oh and by the way, Zelda is AWESOME!!! Already finished it once, now playing it twice with cheats and the best of em is 2x running speed. Those monsters can't even get near me

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

I know I'm replying to an old question now but the Japanese microSD cards are suppose to be better then the ones here in the US. It's been proven that the Japan cards give the R4 true 100% compatibility for all DS games. I've had my R4 freeze while in sleep mode with other microSD cards but the Japanese one I got with my R4 has never frozen or given me any problems.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Enjoy your R4 Sprung....Its totally worth it Oh and by the way, Zelda is AWESOME!!! Already finished it once, now playing it twice with cheats and the best of em is 2x running speed. Those monsters can't even get near me
    I already have the ROM waiting to play

I think I might have to go out of town to get the DS. I checked Gamestop inventories within 50 miles of me, and there's a few stores listing them as 'in stock'. I'll probably go Saturday afternoon...after my eye doctor appointment.

...if I can see afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    I know I'm replying to an old question now but the Japanese microSD cards are suppose to be better then the ones here in the US. It's been proven that the Japan cards give the R4 true 100% compatibility for all DS games. I've had my R4 freeze while in sleep mode with other microSD cards but the Japanese one I got with my R4 has never frozen or given me any problems.
    Hmm. It's too late for me to add in a JAP memory card, since they have already shipped the R4. I compared the JAP cards to the fake PSP memory sticks and figured the real SanDisk ones would be better. I'll probably have little or no problems though, since I never use sleep modes.

Thanks
    EP Points

My R4DS came today

3 days from ordering to arrival - pretty sweet!