Thread: HDL installed/boot On the HDD

Thanks

Default HDL installed/boot On the HDD

First of all I would like to apologize if this is the wrong section, feel free to move/delete if necessary.

Hi, I recently decided to get a HDD for my PS2 since the lens is making some noises when loading, from time to time. I purchased a WD 120Gb and HDL. It works great but it still need to use my lens which is what I'm trying to avoid. A friend of mine told me that I could make a partition on my HDD and install HDL there and be able to boot it without using the HDL cd.

Now my problem is that I haven't been able to figure out how. I have looked at a few guides but they are the same one just differently worded. I came here to see if anyone could help me or point me at a guide. any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

the information you are looking for can be found here with multiple ways of achieving it.

http://www.console-exploits.com/foru...faq_exploit002

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    the information you are looking for can be found here with multiple ways of achieving it.

http://www.console-exploits.com/foru...faq_exploit002
    Those exploits will still need him to put an original PSone game in the PS2 to boot up any ps2 app off the mem card. What he is trying to do is totally eliminate the need to boot CDs or DVDs and be able to boot up HDD or HDloader directly.

Eros, do you have a modchip installed in your PS2 ?? I presume the answer to that question is a Yes coz you already said HDLoader worked great for you Tell me which modchip do you have ??

The reason I ask is some of the latest modchips like the Crystal modchip, Matrix Infinity, and the cheaper Modbo modchip will enable you to boot directly into HDloader and wouldn't require you to use any CDs or DVDs to load HDloader totally eliminating the use of the PS2 lens

I have a friend who chips PS2s and he has helped a lot of people whose PS2's lens had died and had installed them a cheaper Modbo modchip which directly boots up HDloader when the PS2 is started, so am 100% this is possible. May be you can do the same

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Sadly I do not have a modchip. The HDLoader is n original PSX game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eros View Post
    Sadly I do not have a modchip. The HDLoader is n original PSX game.
    Well then I would recommend you to get a modchip installed. It would be totally worth it You can visit...

http://psx-scene.com/forums/index.php?styleid=44

and read up on which modchips enable you to boot directly into HDloader. Other than that, I don't think there is any other way to boot HDloader. Actually what happens is the hdloader program is saved on the flash rom chip (or something) that is inside the modchip and you can boot directly into dev mode of that particular modchip when the PS2 starts and then manually start any .ELF files you want (which of course includes HDloader)

Also, what I've come to know is that Modbo is a clone of the Matrix Infinity modchip but it works really good, so if you want a cheaper option to this, then go ahead with that modchip

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

I see. That sucks then. Well I'll take a look at the modchips for now then. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks

just replace you ps2 lens most modchippers will do it. I know there is a place by my house that does it for like $20. Look around.

Edit: and by lens i totally mean laser
    Last edited by polokitty; 18th-June-2007 at 03:25.

Thanks

Er, wouldn't recalibrating the settings of the disk tray coupled with cleaning the lens with alcohol stop the clicking?
    I keep the top off of my PS2 at all times now so I can easily play with the cogs if a CD doesn't work, and it got rid of clicking for me. Seems easier than buying a modchip.