Thread: Need help getting a PSX Emulator working

Neo559 Guest

Default Need help getting a PSX Emulator working

I don't have a modded PSX, only a boot disc that results in extreme choppiness and sometimes doesn't work at all. So, I want to get a PSX emulator for my PC to play my backups on. Thing is, I'm running Windows XP. I could never go back to Windows 98 or ME, the instability is too much especially after getting used to Win XP.

Are there emulators out there that work with Windows XP? I hate looking for BIOS's and all the extra files they won't give you, so could someone send me all the required files or something, and potentially help me set it up? Thanks.

gotenks_2322 Guest

if u have a program called kazza www.kazaa.com
    you can look up emulators and u should also be able to find the BIOS. unless you plan to do something illegal and download connectix vgs which doesnt need a bios.

Neo559 Guest

Default lol

lol, I don't even know what a connectix vga is.

gotenks_2322 Guest

well i downloaded the boot disc from kazaa, how do u actually get it work?

Neo559 Guest

Default Can't download a boot disc

I'm pretty sure you can't download a boot disc. To boot up, the PSX has to read a professional done CD with the proper error code at the beginning...

xiox Guest

Yeah, the boot discs found online aren't real no matter what it says. It just can't be done.

jessej1981 Guest

i have win xp and all i use is the full version of epsxe witch comes with a bios (ver 1.5.1) and plugins