Thread: Possibilities on a custom PSP...

Thanks

Default Possibilities on a custom PSP...

Hi guys,

Just bought my PSP and successfully downgraded it and upgraded it to custom v3.40 OE-A firmware. Now, I wanna know what are the possibilities on my custom PSP. What kinda programs and emulators I can run on this thing and what can I make this thing do for me. As of now, what I know is...

1. Plays videos (which I think need to be converted using PSP Video 9 or similar software).
    2. Plays mp3s (music)
    3. Plays ISOs/CSOs (PSP games)
    4. Plays PSone games (converted using Popstation).

and thats about it. I wanna know what other programs and stuff I can run on my PSP I know I can run SNES games at somewhat full speed and am pretty excited about it, although I would really appreciate some links to the latest version of the most compatible SNES emulator

Also, any other weird things that one can do with a PSP I also read somewhere that you can control your TV using your PSP, which is pretty neat, although I don't know the name of that program...

So...post away guys....lemme know the extent of homebrew on PSP

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Well I suggest you check the file archive over at pspupdates. They have more or less every single PSP homebrew apps and emulators that you need. The address escapes me at the moment but just do a Google search.

I think the best SNES emulator is SNES9X-TTYL something. Not sure about the version number.

Thanks

Hey Kaze. Great that you got a PSP, eventhough I'm too old to play games (LOL) I do put movies on and watch'em when I'm bored.

Check out these links.
    http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi

This is more of what you're looking for (I hope)
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP/catid/106

This is the link to the emulator (Snes TYL 4.02)
    http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=7757

Let me know if thats it.

PS: You can play computer games through your psp (Wifi) instead of using a USB controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus View Post
    I shaved my pubic hair fully off a couple weeks back. Not something I want to experience again. I mean, the first day or two were alright, but when it started to grow back it was bullshit.

Thanks
    EP Points

qj.net is your best PSP source by far.

Thanks

Thanx guys...I'll check out those sites later back at home or at a friend's place coz most of those sites are blocked at the office where i work stupid webblocker

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Hey Kaze. Great that you got a PSP, eventhough I'm too old to play games (LOL) I do put movies on and watch'em when I'm bored.
    Dude...am 25 and I seriously love playing games. There is absolutely nothing wrong about it

Rep for you guys. Josh...it says I need to spread some rep before giving it to you again

PS: Ya know....after downgrading/upgrading my PSP to 3.40 OE-A, I clicked "Restore default settings" just so I can set my own Nickname, date, timings, and region settings, etc, etc, and as soon as I clicked that, my PSP got BRICKED That was on the second day of me downgrading my PSP. On the day I downgraded it, it was working perfectly fine and I played Burnout Dominator and Killzone like crazy

I spoke with snkupo online and he helped me A LOT with my PSP. He told me it was VERY UNUSUAL for my PSP getting bricked just coz I selected "Restore default settings" and since I was already on custom firmware, he told me to try out the Recovery Mode and it worked. We're right now in the recovery mode and I need to get some files on my PSP so I can unbrick it, but I haven't brought my USB to mini-USB cable so we are gonna do it later sometime. Am so glad its just a semi-brick and I can recover my PSP
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 10th-June-2007 at 16:55.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah be glad you got the recovery mode. Pretty awesome feature really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Yeah be glad you got the recovery mode. Pretty awesome feature really.
    You know...I totally freaked out the moment my PSP got bricked at the railway station. I was heading out for my office and it usually takes me two hours to reach the office. Bloody hell the longest two hours of my life ever

As soon as I reached the office, I went online and found kupo on MSN. He told me to try out the recovery mode and no matter how many times I tried I couldn't get the stupid recovery mode. All hope was lost. Kupo told me if we can't get to the recovery mode, its all over and I was like

Then all of a sudden, a thought occurred to kupo. He told me are you really trying the recovery mode after properly shutting down the PSP and not just from the standby mode. I told him I have no idea there is a standby mode in a PSP coz my PSP was a Japanese Value Pack and I couldn't understand a word in the stupid manual I got with it He told me to shutdown the PSP while holding the slide switch all the way up for more than 10 seconds or so and the PSP will turn off. We again tried the recovery mode and it worked and I went

Kupo was of great help. Couldn't have done it without him

Edit: And by the way, his new name on EP is "Pino is snkupo" Just so you guys know
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 10th-June-2007 at 17:54.

Thanks

If like me youre tight and dont own a decent mem card but have a shedload of music/video on your computer and a wireless router, get PiMPStreamer, its awesome.

The PSP can emulate loads of stuff pretty competantly, I had a lot of fun with the neogeo and CS2 (sp?) emulators. DGEN's the best Genesis emulator but theres a couple of games that refuse to run on that (for those use PSPGenesis).

SNES9X TTYL (or whatever) is, frankly, awesome. Some, more complex, games will not run full speed but for the very most part its fantastic.

If youre really retro theres loads of old computer emu's too, and you have to try SCUMMVM if youre into the old Monkey Island/DOTT/Sam & Max etc games.

Theres tons and tons more stuff, pspupdates is good, I quite like psp-hacks.com too as I find it a piece of piss to navigate.
    Touch my twat.