Thread: Windows PSP Emu

Thanks

Default Windows PSP Emu

I found out about this Windows PSP emulator. It can run a few commercial games.

http://code.google.com/p/pspplayer/

Thanks
    EP Points

mmm looks promising, but there's no download for it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Appearantly because the guy/gal making it says it "isn't worth releasing" right now.
    I would like to see Tales of Eternia running nicely on a PC emulator though, like this person says it is
    It could of course be total bullshit, the whole thing, but I don't want to bother searching for more
    information about it. Playing on a real PSP beats emulation any day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pino is snkupo View Post
    Appearantly because the guy/gal making it says it "isn't worth releasing" right now.
    I would like to see Tales of Eternia running nicely on a PC emulator though, like this person says it is
    It could of course be total bullshit, the whole thing, but I don't want to bother searching for more
    information about it. Playing on a real PSP beats emulation any day.
    And I bet 100 bucks that someone will ask how to emulate SNES or PSX on the PSP Emulator.

But yeah, I don't think that emulating the PSP on the PC is gonna be the easiest thing, considering that even the PS2 hasn't been emulated.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

It's fake, that's all there is to it. It's as fake as gnirfleo (a homebrew DS web browser that was supposedly being made very quickly, but was eventually never released to anybody because it "crashed cards").

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    It's fake, that's all there is to it. It's as fake as gnirfleo (a homebrew DS web browser that was supposedly being made very quickly, but was eventually never released to anybody because it "crashed cards").
    This was posted on ngemu

2007/05/07 - PSP Player
    Following ector's release, a new emulator decided to go public. noxa announced a day later his PSP emulator known as PSP Player. This emulator can run demos and boot a few games like Tales of Eternia.

Be sure to keep an eye on this project as it is showing promising results!

» Check out PSP Player's Google Code page for alot more information

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    And I bet 100 bucks that someone will ask how to emulate SNES or PSX on the PSP Emulator.

But yeah, I don't think that emulating the PSP on the PC is gonna be the easiest thing, considering that even the PS2 hasn't been emulated.
    That is because of the PS2 architecture. I believe that the PSP architecture is actually similar to the N64's which surprises me that there isn't much out right now. Both the PSP and the N64 are MIPS processors.

Thanks
    EP Points

See to me, that looks more like the one file that allows you to hook the PSP up to the PC via USB and output video to the screen, not an emulator.

My friend is one of the people who worked on the n64 emulator, they are similar, but ram limitations really hurt the PSP

Thanks

PS2 emulation is very promising, as I just beat Kingdom Hearts with little to no problems, and could play some (very few) other games at playable speeds.
    Like something I've uploaded? Give me rep, then. Don't you just love begging?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    See to me, that looks more like the one file that allows you to hook the PSP up to the PC via USB and output video to the screen, not an emulator.

My friend is one of the people who worked on the n64 emulator, they are similar, but ram limitations really hurt the PSP
    Without some major changes in the way the roms load, virtual ram on the mem stick, that 32 MB of ram really limits the games that you can play.