Thread: Castlevania - Rondo of Blood - PC version

Thanks

Default Castlevania - Rondo of Blood - PC version

It is surprising but it seems to work. I got a working PC version of Castlevania Rondo of Blood for the PC. As I am still in Win XP it works fine for me. I would wish to share it and all but I don't know heck about uploading it.

It is 28 MB in size and has all music and stuff.

PM me if interested or if you have somewhere I could upload it to. If this falls under the category of warez, I won't be bothered if a Mod closes this. But I know there are a LOT of people who are tired of configuring Magic Engine just to play this gem...

I must tell you that this is classic Castlevania and it only has one difficulty. Hard.

On other notes, this game was the reason I joined this place... now what do I do???

EDIT: If any of you have a page or some FTP server I could upload it please tell me and I can share it that way, otherwise I am afraid I will not be able to.
    Last edited by J; 6th-June-2007 at 05:55.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yuo could make it a torrent and up to the tracker. I don't know if you have to go through some procedures for them to allow it or not, but That'd work.

I don't think this is warez either. I'm probably wrong though.

Thanks

Heh, funny... don't know how to make a torrent from it. But I am sure that someone has a way of doing it. I will gladly upload it if told how to.

Leave me the PM's and I will answer them tomorrow. By the way I tested the game and it works perfectly.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you use utorrent, it has a "Create new torrent" button. :O It'll walk you through it, all you'll need is the address of the EP tracker.

Is this one of the older castlevanias that was just an action platformer with no way to save and a straight run through the game, or one that's similar to Metriod? ; I don't like the non-RPG Castlevanias.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    Is this one of the older castlevanias that was just an action platformer with no way to save and a straight run through the game, or one that's similar to Metriod? ; I don't like the non-RPG Castlevanias.
    It was the last of the non-metroid 2d Castlevanias (not counting the Snes Dracula X, which is a butchered alternate version of this game), mostly a traditional Castlevania game with a few features that would crop up in the later games. Easily the best of the straight Castlevania games though.

It links pretty heavily into Symphony of the Night (both games are are part of the Dracula X storyline) as well. The intro fight in SotN is a replay of the Rondo final boss fight, and a lot of the characters are in both.

edit: I've found the link Galcian was talking about. Since I'm still fuzzy on whether or not this is allowed, I'll have to ask people to PM me for the location rather than just posting it.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 6th-June-2007 at 06:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    It was the last of the non-metroid 2d Castlevanias (not counting the Snes Dracula X, which is a butchered port of this game), mostly a traditional Castlevania game with a few features that would crop up in the later games. Easily the best of the straight Castlevania games though.

It links pretty heavily into Symphony of the Night (both games are are part of the Dracula X storyline) as well. The intro fight in SotN is a replay of the Rondo final boss fight, and a lot of the characters are in both.
    Yeah. I think this is the least glitched one too. A really decent game.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I don't think Rondo of Blood was released on the PC, so this is a homemade port of some sort, right? If that's correct this would be allowed.
    Although I'd think it should be allowed even if it's a real PC game, as it's old and not available for sale anywhere afaik
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I don't think Rondo of Blood was released on the PC, so this is a homemade port of some sort, right? If that's correct this would be allowed.
    Although I'd think it should be allowed even if it's a real PC game, as it's old and not available for sale anywhere afaik
    From what I can tell, someones recompiled a TG16 emulator with a custom frontend and the files already included.

That should be clear to post, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Righty-o
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Pretty easy to deal with: Download, install, play. Be warned that it seems to take a lot more horsepower than emulating it with Magic Engine would.

Give any thanks to Xervils of snesorama, it's his upload. I'm just the messenger.

Thanks

Good, you found the file while I was away. It is a compilation but makes our lives easier, ain't it?

Well, now that I got it, and that you got it, it's time to leave.
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

Dead link. Please post a new one. My gaming life depends on playing this awesome game.
    Last edited by Blinker; 24th-December-2013 at 13:03.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blinker View Post
    Dead link. Please post a new one. My gaming life depends on playing this awesome game.
    Here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...32bit-install*

Thread closed.

Spoiler warning: