Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much are you worth?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
    If you go on a ABCDF kind of scale, then it is a B average I think. High School shouldn't count anyway.
    I totally hate how percentages seem to disappear, nowadays. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray. View Post
    There are a lot of undescrenable gendered people running around these days, like me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post

Percentages have gone nowhere. Last I checked anyway.

You keep laughing, I'll keep sharpening this knife while looking at you angrily.

Thanks
    EP Points

Percentages have gone nowhere. Last I checked anyway.

You keep laughing, I'll keep sharpening this knife while looking at you angrily.
    They have in Quebec. Friggin' shit hole. Or are about to in high school. It's ridiculous. Now parents don't even know how their kids are faring compared to others. It's simply gonna be the teacher's appreciation, and nothing else. :eyeball:
    At least they won't touch higher education.

I see desire in those eyes. You want me. Dead, I know, but it's desire nonetheless.

Thanks

I guess it would be like an 85% average. Maybe. I didn't do so well in High School. Who would have known I was actually supposed to show up before the first 3 periods. I did well in the classes I was attended/didn't sleep through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They have in Quebec. Friggin' shit hole. Or are about to in high school. It's ridiculous. Now parents don't even know how their kids are faring compared to others.
    They'll learn. I guess. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out GPA. I'm sure old people will take at most a month or two. It's new now, it'll be old news shortly.

"compared to others"? So they're posting entire class/school grades now? Way too much pressure...

It's simply gonna be the teacher's appreciation, and nothing else. :eyeball:
    At least they won't touch higher education.
    As it should be. If you aren't getting good grades for yourself, there's no point really. I don't exactly see how switching to GPA based grading will suddenly make every student a slacker.

Or how having parents unsure of their children's standings somehow means the children will stop trying. Or that the parents will stop caring or attempting to assist the students (hey, if the students are having problems they most likely would go to their parents, poor grades or not)

Of course, that could just be my experience. Not many students I knew were in it to please the parents. From my memory anyway.

I see desire in those eyes. You want me. Dead, I know, but it's desire nonetheless.
    Been a while since a man looked at you like this eh? Enjoy it while you still can.

Your head would look nice mounted over my fireplace.

Thanks
    EP Points

"compared to others"? So they're posting entire class/school grades now? Way too much pressure...
    There was this thing called ranks back in the day. If you were in the first rank, it meant you were good. (Duh.) That is to say, if the whole group sucked, even though your grade would be bad, you'd still be doing better than others, and it would be taken into account when deciding on how well you did during the whole year. Think of it this way: if the teacher sucked, maybe your 60% would have been worth 80 to another.

As it should be. If you aren't getting good grades for yourself, there's no point really. I don't exactly see how switching to GPA based grading will suddenly make every student a slacker.
    What?
    EDIT: Oh my, I seem to have mislead you. My bad. Teacher's appreciation = evaluation that's merely comprised of a few comments. I.E. no actual grades on the report cards.

Lemme rephrase. NO GRADES.
    Now, unless you're happy to know your teacher thinks you're doing well, you'll really prefer knowing how well you're doing. Sorry to break it down to you, but that's how life goes. If you suck more than the next guy, you won't go further than he will. Yes, I see the pun to be made. And, frankly, I like to know I'm doing better than others. It's a form of motivation for most.

Or how having parents unsure of their children's standings somehow means the children will stop trying. Or that the parents will stop caring or attempting to assist the students (hey, if the students are having problems they most likely would go to their parents, poor grades or not)
    Huh? Drop the crack pipe, kthnx.

Of course, that could just be my experience. Not many students I knew were in it to please the parents. From my memory anyway.
    You seem to be forgetting that caring parents actually wonder how well their kids are doing, and that for them to be looking at "Ray has made progress, he's now doing better" means as much as is said, but doesn't really tell anything worthwhile. In other words, you could be the dumbest fuck ever, but you did slightly better. Thing is, the kid will develop a false sense of security towards his education while the poor child is just running towards a wall. (Yes, I'm aware that this is an extreme case, but it's to make the point that having grades is better than a mere teacher's appreciation. In my time, we had both. It was all fine, but they [the governmental pencil pushers] seem to think that grading kids is now a bad thing. Fuck them. In the end, it's the kid who pays for it all.) Why? Because there won't be any retaking of classes. Hell, it was already a trend to pass kids when I was in highschool. If you suck, you'll still move on. Then, when you reach college, you're fucked. True story. The French evaluation (obligatory for entering university) requires you to make one mistake every 24 or 30 words. A lot of people don't make it. It's not normal. My French was/is horrible, and I still was able to make 1/300 something. It's astonishing to see students unable to do anything and freak out because they don't know the basics that are required for certain classes. /rant

Been a while since a man looked at you like this eh? Enjoy it while you still can.

Your ass would look nice mounted over my fireplace.
    With a knife, yes.

Fixed.

/ends thread hijack
    Last edited by Evans; 6th-June-2007 at 04:27.

Thanks

If you want to know how much im worth well... ; Thats an easy question to answer. Im priceless, too much for any mind to grasp.

Thanks

You are worth exactly $2,196,056
    Wow... :\
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

Hey guys! I haven't been on in about a year.

I'm worth...$2,849,278
    Day After Yesterday

Thanks
    EP Points

I refuse to take this test out of the possibility I could be left with double digits.

Thanks
    EP Points

You are worth exactly $1,821,064

A few things I didn't answer. SAT, GPA, I answered IQ though. 208K for that, nice! =P

Thanks

You are worth exactly $2,095,046

WTF I thought $0 would be more probable.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GODJonez
    You suck!

Thanks

$2,272,662

My IQ (136) and SAT score (1422) were worth almost $275,000 combined.

Thanks

How about a top list, shall we?
    1. Evans - $2,849,664
    2. Sting - $2,849,278
    3. Dinoman - $2,710,568
    4. Strongbad - $2,648,994
    5. Cheezymadman - $2,272,662
    6. Galcian - $2,196,056
    7. Adsij - $2,095,046
    8. Banned - $2,016,836
    9. Ray - $1,873,848
    10. Darth - $1,846,050
    11. Polobunny - $1,821,064
    12. Sprung - $1,793,126
    13. Mikey - $1,446,000
    14. Mistral - $1,048,000

For the record, the maximum value attainable is around $3,500,000

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Got $2,301,428. Had to guess the inches and shit, and figured I had went a little short on both shoe and penis size so I gave myself a bit above average iq (couldn't be bothered with a test). Would've aced the How-Dumb-Am-I Shit if it hadn't been for one "american" question, I forget which one, but it was probably easy. Haven't taken an SAT but I've scored awesomely when taking old tests (this here being the kind of SAT we have in Sweden), so I gave myself a fairly good result, not great. GPA might've been slightly too high, who knows. Oh, and the damn thing listed me as a smoker, that's not what I said.

Edit: Why does knowing more than one language give you 0 $? Oh, I got zero for being left handed too, but I'm actually neither, it's just that I write with my left hand, so I went with that.
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 9th-July-2007 at 00:45.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!