Thread: Need help with Neo Geo, what is MVS and how do I save games with Neo Rage ?

xxxStealthxxx Guest

Question Need help with Neo Geo, what is MVS and how do I save games with Neo Rage ?

What the above says an if you know thanks for the information !

sickboy Guest

mvs is the arcade version of neogeo. it shouldn't be important in emulation. you can save via the save state system
    and get rid of neorage and get winkawaks. it's mucho better.

aznxfoo929 Guest

Angry Neo Geo

Just curious, but how come "Neo rage x" duznt wk with win xp? is it just me, or is that true for everyone? anyways, is there a wking neo geo emulator that wks for windows xp? plz tell me, thanks

JesterDevil Guest

Wink NeoRage

I have WinXp Pro and it works fine for me. What parts of it don't work? I think you may have to have the game in the same folder as the Emu but I'm not certain. Let me know what it's doing or not doing and hopefully I can help you out.

Looking for Final Fantasy Tactics ISO if anyone has it I have about 10 ISO's that I can trade.

Dead or Alive
    Tekken3
    Pong
    Soul Edge
    Twisted Metal 2
    Final Fantasy 7 (English)

Can't remember anymore of them, not at home at the moment.

JesterDevil

aznxfoo929 Guest

Default neo

um, when i start neo geo, it says the SEND error report message...its very strange, it duznt wk otherwise

Thanks

Default Re: NeoRage

Originally posted by JesterDevil
    I have WinXp Pro and it works fine for me. What parts of it don't work? I think you may have to have the game in the same folder as the Emu but I'm not certain. Let me know what it's doing or not doing and hopefully I can help you out.

Looking for Final Fantasy Tactics ISO if anyone has it I have about 10 ISO's that I can trade.

Dead or Alive
    Tekken3
    Pong
    Soul Edge
    Twisted Metal 2
    Final Fantasy 7 (English)

Can't remember anymore of them, not at home at the moment.

JesterDevil
    I will trade you Soul Edge with FFT. BTW is the Soul Edge you got crippled?? I mean I want the full version with ALL the music and sounds.

To aznxfoo929, you have to use NeoRageX 0.6B for WinXP. There is a patch for users to use NeoRageX under WinXP. Goto www.zophar.net for more details.
    Last edited by Astro X; 25th-July-2002 at 19:08.

They are hot, aren't they??

JesterDevil Guest

Default Soul Edge

Hey Astro,

Yeah I guess I got the same copy as everyone else. Oh well. I've been looking for a good copy at the local rental stores, noone has it that I've come across yet. If I come across one though I'll let you know. They never have FFT in, ever! Here's the full list of the ISO's I do have.

Twisted Metal 2
    Final Fantasy 7
    Chrono Cross
    The Simpsons Wrestling
    Nascar Thunder 2002
    Soul Edge "crippled"
    Destruction Derby
    Pong
    Tekken3
    Dead or Alive

JesterDevil

aznxfoo929 Guest

Default Astro

Thanks...but where do you think i could get this patch? is it on Zophar? could you be a little more specific on the URL? Thanks

aznxfoo929 Guest

Default NEO RAGE PATCH

mmm, do u think u can tell me where to find this patch again? id appreciate it a lot, zophar is pretty vague with NEO GEO emulators

JadeSaber Guest

http://www.zophar.net/neo-geo.html

That should be all you need.
    It's all the way to the bottom and says
    |" v0.2d
    v0.5b

Upgrade v0.6b

09/22/98
    The upgrade to NeoRAGEx is much smaller than the full version, so you don't have to download 1.5 megs all over again. You have to already have the full version installed to use the upgrade.

Don't forget to download the Neo Geo BIOS ROM as well, which Neo RAGE requires. The new Beta doesn't have any CRC checks to protect you from playing the latest games."

Actually, I thought it seemed pretty detailed for the number of emulators they have.