Thread: Ps2 hard drive?

Thanks

Default Ps2 hard drive?

I read something about being able to put a hard-drive into a ps2, and load games into it then be able to load games into it and be able to play them.

I was wondering..
    Does anyone have any specific knowledge on this? (I really haven't found anything useful in my search.)

- Az

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Thumbs up

Try this one also:

http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/

You should state if your ps2 is the slim or the "fat" one, that will help a lot.

Thanks

It's the Fat one, I don't think it'd be possible with the really skinny ones.

Thanks much for the links, this helps clear it up a lot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, then you will need the "network ps2 adapter" to plug in a compatible hardrive, with your console can be used Hd loader (patched) that is the most compatible one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azruelli View Post
    I read something about being able to put a hard-drive into a ps2, and load games into it then be able to load games into it and be able to play them.

I was wondering..
    Does anyone have any specific knowledge on this? (I really haven't found anything useful in my search.)

- Az
    You are discovering that a little late, now may a little hard to find a network adapter to buy, "e-bay" may be your only hope. (Used of course)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saito View Post
    Ok, then you will need the "network ps2 adapter" to plug in a compatible hardrive, with your console can be used Hd loader (patched) that is the most compatible one.
    Much thanks, any extra information on this is appreciated, I'm kinda new to modding any kind of system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose260
    You are discovering that a little late, now may a little hard to find a network adapter to buy, "e-bay" may be your only hope. (Used of course)
    I highly doubt this, Despite the ones made by sony probably not on the shelves, I'd assume my own alternatives to this, or maybe even an offbrand hard-drive adapter too, if what you're thinking has already happened.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well recently a eyetoy game was released here in europe with the network adapter pack, maybe you van import this special pack, maybe you can import one of these

Thanks
    EP Points

oki. I have a slim. Anyway to use a HD with it? (So I can play DVD9 games)

Thanks

I have a Pal v9 PS2 with a 160 gb Samsung HDD installed Just bought the network adapter a couple of weeks back from the local gray market over here in Mumbai, India. The damn thing cost me $90 US brand new (network adapter only), but I think it was totally worth it Just finished playing GOW2 DVD9 Now trying the Titan Mode These network adapter thingies are going really extinct or somethin so grab one while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    oki. I have a slim. Anyway to use a HD with it? (So I can play DVD9 games)
    I think you can use an external USB HDD and use USBExtreme to boot games off of it, although am not 100% sure about it and I haven't really tried it. But from what I have heard, the games run fine but since the USB is only 1.0 (which is pathetic) the in-game movies will be skippy/choppy and the loading times MIGHT be increased but the game will run , although am not sure of the compatibility of all the PS2 games coz never tried it myself

May be you can google for it. Also, I don't have any idea about booting DVD9 games off of the USB HDD using USB Extreme.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    I have a Pal v9 PS2 with a 160 gb Samsung HDD installed Just bought the network adapter a couple of weeks back from the local gray market over here in Mumbai, India. The damn thing cost me $90 US brand new (network adapter only), but I think it was totally worth it Just finished playing GOW2 DVD9 Now trying the Titan Mode These network adapter thingies are going really extinct or somethin so grab one while you can

I think you can use an external USB HDD and use USBExtreme to boot games off of it, although am not 100% sure about it and I haven't really tried it. But from what I have heard, the games run fine but since the USB is only 1.0 (which is pathetic) the in-game movies will be skippy/choppy and the loading times MIGHT be increased but the game will run , although am not sure of the compatibility of all the PS2 games coz never tried it myself

May be you can google for it. Also, I don't have any idea about booting DVD9 games off of the USB HDD using USB Extreme.
    I will use your wisdom and create another thread for Sprung or any other person with PS2 slim intelligence to gander at. Thnx.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I don't use it myself either, but compatibility is not that great when using external HDD :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I don't use it myself either, but compatibility is not that great when using external HDD :/
    Righty right, the compativility sucks, some ppl mod their slim consoles in order to install the normal hdloader, hooking some ide cables out of the console.

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Azruelli View Post
    Much thanks, any extra information on this is appreciated, I'm kinda new to modding any kind of system.

I highly doubt this, Despite the ones made by sony probably not on the shelves, I'd assume my own alternatives to this, or maybe even an offbrand hard-drive adapter too, if what you're thinking has already happened.
    Well, i dont know if there is a 3rd party network adapter, i never listened about it. When i needed buy the mine i did on "mercado libre" (e-bay). This cant be seen on stores here anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saito View Post
    Righty right, the compativility sucks, some ppl mod their slim consoles in order to install the normal hdloader, hooking some ide cables out of the console.
    Yeah...one of my friends who is a professional modder does that all the time, and he's making some really good money outta it but damn he's got some skills. He buys one of those cases which can be attached to the bottom of the slim PS2 and hacks it up and connects an IDE cable to the mobo. He showed me one of those contraptions a few days back and it was working amazing

Also, he used one of those really good BUT cheap modbo modchips which can directly boot HDloader rather than actually booting it off of the mem card or the disc Yeah...he's got some skills

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |