Thread: A question about Nintendo DS flashcards.

Thanks

Default A question about Nintendo DS flashcards.

Hello. I'm going to buy a UK Nintendo DS ( As that's where I live. PAL region I believe) and I also intend to buy a DS Linker (16Gbit) flashcard. My question is this;

Will I have to get a mod-chip (not sure if they exist for the Nintendo DS) in order to play any NDS ROMs I transfer to to the DS Linker? (For example: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (U)

If anybody could answer this question, and perhaps give me any extra information related to this that I might need, I'd be most appreciative!

If this is the wrong place to post this thread and/or I'm not allowed to ask this, then I apologise in advance.

Thanks in advance!

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

No you don't need a mod chip. I haven't used my supercard for a while now, so i'll leave it to "banned" (EP member) to give you more up to date info.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Don't worry, this is the place to talk about the NDS flascards

The DS-Linker is one of the slot1 cards appeared in the last months and the model you talked about includes 2GBytes memory which should be more than enough for your needs. There's no chip for the NDS and that's the only thing you'd need to run backups. Also, I think that the DS-Linker won't require to patch the roms, also the compatibility is not bad either. It comes with a cart similar in size to a GBA cart that you can hook to your computer and will let you transfer the backups once inserted in the slot2 of your NDS.
    Have you checked the review we have in the main site? http://www.emuparadise.org/reviews/DSLinker/
    We have some other reviews to that may be of help: http://www.emuparadise.org/reviews/

I don't have it myself, I own a M3 Perfect Micro, and I don't know how cheap it is, but it's not the only alternative you have if you are looking for a slot1 solution.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-June-2007 at 14:45.

Thanks

Talking

Thank you so much for the information Cookie Monster, that's exactly the what I was hoping for

Now I can buy my DS and DS Linker flashcard with confidence!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Glad to be of help but before you go and purchase it, you should do some research and compare it with other slot1 products like the R4 and the M3 simply, they are good options too with great compatibility.
    And if you want the higher compatibility possible with GBA games, then you should go with a slot2 cart + passkey option.