Thread: Stupid and annoying pre-NORG FF8 problem.

Thanks

Talking Stupid and annoying pre-NORG FF8 problem.

Well, I was almost positive I'd made a thread of this almost a year back, but I guess not. The problem is right after Squall and his crew kill off the Oilboyles and mobilize Balamb Garden, right after Cid tells you to check out the deck thing on the second floor. It's right after Quistis's (well, the only) class room.

When you go through the door, it leads to a rather nice CGI video of Rinoa (I guess you have to have her in your party) admiring the nice view. The only thing is, after it's over, you're supposed to leave. But some jerk locked me out. Or something.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7673/arghsh8.png

There's a screen shot of Squall, Zell and Rinoa hiding their pain, trying to get back into Garden. The steps seem to be dense for some strange reason, for aren't I supposed to go on them to get to the door? Has anyone else had this problem? I've had it a couple times, even on my actual disk before it lamed up. But on my disk I guess I found out how to get past this.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Oh, and I'm running it on ePSXe 1.5.2 with P.E.Ops.S Soft Driver 1.17.
    Last edited by Oblivon; 28th-May-2007 at 00:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by some other place
    The problem only occurs with Rinoa as the other characters don't have their own FMVs at that section. So I loaded a previous save part (before the party splits to go to the base/Balamb Garden) and replaced Rinoa with Irvine. It worked fine.
    And: http://www.epforums.org/weird-proble...574/index.html

Thanks

Ah, so this must be one of the reasons for multiple saves. Yay for lack of foresight! I guess I should've searched the forums harder for a previous post about this. Thank you.

That "This application failed to start because d3dx9_26.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem" alert pop-up appeared. I downloaded d3dx9_26.dll (the June update) from the link at the bottom of the page of pSXfin's downloads.

After I got everything running, I loaded my save of just before I faught the Oilboyles. I beat them down, blah blah, talked to Cid, and returned to the deck thing. After the sequence was over and I regained control, it still wouldn't let me get past the door. Argh! I'll give CVGS and PSXeven a go, see if they'll help.

PSXeven worked. =D!
    Last edited by Oblivon; 28th-May-2007 at 01:51.