Thread: roms not detected

Thanks

Default roms not detected

when i load up MAME for playing Neo-Geo games it says somthing about required files not found but i dont see these files as part of the ZIP for hte game or the ZIP for the MAME or the ZIP for the BIOS when i try NeoRageX it wont detect metal slug 1 (its in the ROMS dir of the application ande i've tried in the root dir of the program) and with winkawaks it also wont detect my rom. i've tried leaveing it in zipped and unzipped in the root dir of the app the roms dir of the app and tried even unpacking the bin files inside the zip and nothign worked at all.

Thanks

okay so i made a.c.e. the NeoGeo emulator work so i guess that will keep me satisfied.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello ^^

There are several versions/revisions of the NeoGeo MAME roms. If you've got an old revision and try to run it on one of the newest MAME emulators, it might work, and might not work. What you can do to make sure that it works, is to scan your MAME rom folder with a handy little application called www.romcenter.com. Download Romcenter, then use its user interface to find the .DAT information that goes hand-in-hand with the version of MAME/KAWAKS you are using. Romcenter is able to "fix" old/new versions of roms, so that they work on older/newer emulators -- in many cases, that is

Thanks

hmmm well i just wnet over to the roms section for NeoGeo on EP and downlaoded mslug.zip and then went to the bios files se`tion and downlaoded the NeoGeo_BIOS.zip file and then went to the emulators sectio nand downloaded the emus from that page as they were offered on that page.

Thanks

You can get the latest Mame versions here
    http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/arcade/mame.html

You can get the latest roms here
    http://www.rom-world.com/dl.php?name=MAME
    You can get the neo-geo zip at rom-world aswell. Just use the search feature.