Thread: Can some1 plz test my PSX-PSP Custom eboot screen?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Can some1 plz test my PSX-PSP Custom eboot screen?

Recently I got bored and wanted to do something with my freetime so my g/f suggested I fiddle with my studio 8 software... after a few hours of just puttering around I thought I'd make a PSX-PSP Eboot to upload somewhere and thats when I found my inspiration, I saw that I could make my own images to customize the PSX-PSP Eboot experience. So I set out and spent all morning cooking up a personal design, and then spent even more time during those hours to step back and admire the work to see if it could get better. So after much delibration...

Would someone on here with a moddified PSP with custom firmware preferably Dark Alex's 3.03 OE-C (but I think any Dark Alex firmware will do) please download the custom PSX-PSP Eboot that I made of the PSX game American Pool and tell me if the screen looks like the ones that I customized below?

Download link for American Pool Eboot

Please? I choose American Pool b/c it was only 2mb so it's not gonna break anyones connection. I would greatly appreciate and graciously +REP and donate 500 points anybody who would be willing to test it out to see if my custom screen actually does show up on the actual PSP. Then post back a picture/photo/scan (preferably a picture) of my custom screen on the PSP. Please. Anybody? The picture/photo/scan of proof is really what I am after for confirmation. Personally for this test a word of honor isnt convincing enough for me. This will be personally rewarding to me if someone could help me out and test it for me.

Screens should look like these:

These are clickable.

Game Screen:

Warning Screen:
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 19th-May-2007 at 19:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

sounds easy enough

here are my pics!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    sounds easy enough

here are my pics!

As promised I shall rep u. umm ooops. I 've decided to increase the reward. Here's 1,200 points in honor of the fast reply and crisp screenshots. I bumped the reward up to 800 for the quickness and gave you another 400 point bonus b/c the system says I couldn't rep you.

btw... whats that SVC thing underneath the custom icon? I didnt program that into it...

P.S. enjoy the eboot.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 19th-May-2007 at 20:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

wow thanks
    And that SVC thing, it's another program entirely that just happens to be in the picture. (It actually is for playing back video that I capture with my PSP)

Thanks
    EP Points

wow thanks
    And that SVC thing, it's another program entirely that just happens to be in the picture. (It actually is for playing back video that I capture with my PSP)
    so the game conversion text still shows up when that program isn't running? (b/c in your pic its blocking the text... Not that its a big deal. The bulk of my research is complete. Now for phase 2. to get sound files to play when the game is highlighted and maybe do animated icons. I'll be sure to PM you if I decide to initiate any of those projects.

P.S. How does the glow on the PS2 Font look on the screen in the bottom right hand corner? is it crisp and good looking or blurred and crappy? It looks good on my computer but it really comes down to what it looks like on a real PSP.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 19th-May-2007 at 20:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    so the game conversion text still shows up when that program isn't running? (b/c in your pic its blocking the text... Not that its a big deal. The bulk of my research is complete. Now for phase 2. to get sound files to play when the game is highlighted and maybe do animated icons. I'll be sure to PM you if I decide to initiate any of those projects.

P.S. How does the glow on the PS2 Font look on the screen in the bottom right hand corner? is it crisp and good looking or blurred and crappy? It looks good on my computer but it really comes down to what it looks like on a real PSP.
    The text is blocked because it's on the same corner as all the other programs.
    Here's a video, I hope it can explain some things. It just shows the apps loading and how they block the words when you load them....
    http://hamb.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/video2.gif

btw, the PS2 font looks fine, here's a screen I took from the PSP.

Thanks
    EP Points

The text is blocked because it's on the same corner as all the other programs.
    Here's a video, I hope it can explain some things. It just shows the apps loading and how they block the words when you load them....
    http://hamb.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/video2.gif

btw, the PS2 font looks fine, here's a screen I took from the PSP.
    im still downloading that gif video, but does anything ever cover the bottom right hand corner like it did in the bottom left?

--EDIT--
    Oki finally saw ur video. I'm going to hope the majority of PSX-PSP downloaders have the vertical scroll like your PSP and not the horizontal scroll like I've seen elsewhere (I could be mistaken but I'm certain I've see a horizontal scroll somewhere and that's why I designed my first custom screen this way). Again thank you for help my first attempt at a custom design. Keep in touch.

I'm thinking of moving the left corner text to the right corner and moving the right corner text up a bit. will solve the problem. B/c natural human curiosity when they seen the new and awkward Tiger pattern they're gonna eventually stop and look at the whole hting anyhow, so I'll just slip in to the right bottom corner.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 19th-May-2007 at 22:04.