Thread: TA-082/2.71 Downgrade to 1.5fw Problem

Thanks

Question TA-082/2.71 Downgrade to 1.5fw Problem

Ok heres my problem. I caved in and bought another PSP yesterday (i've had my other one since launch day a few years back), and now I'd like to slap some great new homebrew on it. However Im paranoid about bricking it and would like someone to verify which method would be the best one to use in order to do exactly want I want....

1: I have the IC1003 motherboard, which means I have the whole TA-082 problem. The FW is currently set at 2.71.
    2: I'd like to downgrade this PSP to FW 1.5. so that I can upgrade it again to one of Dark Alex's 3.10 a or b custom firmware. (or whatever anyone else would recommend as his easiest to use/ or has the most features including Ps1 emulation)
    3: On my old psp (which is a custom 2.71) im running a DEVHOOK Launcher/VSHEX MOD. This runs all my isos perfectly, except of course for newer games like Metal Gear Portable Ops and Virtua Tennis 3 etc...but for the new psp, i'd like it to be able to play all the newer isos PLUS all the classic Ps1 games that I have lying around.

I've already checked out this site : http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html : and i've done exactly what it said for 2.71fw/Ta-082 a buncha times but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Would anybody like to throw me a bone here and help me out? Advice on what I may be doing wrong...Step by step processes would be appreciated...or at least a link to a site that can get me what I want.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Well, that link you posted is like the best tutorial I've seen on how to downgrade the PSP and many of our own users have used it too without problems. Now, I do recall Sprung saying Hen gave him some problems at first, but he downgraded his PSP, I dunno if it'll be of any help, since as I said that tutorial is really good, but let me find the thread.

Edit: there: http://www.epforums.org/downgrade-ps...227/index.html

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershotzero View Post
    Ok heres my problem. I caved in and bought another PSP yesterday (i've had my other one since launch day a few years back), and now I'd like to slap some great new homebrew on it. However Im paranoid about bricking it and would like someone to verify which method would be the best one to use in order to do exactly want I want....

1: I have the IC1003 motherboard, which means I have the whole TA-082 problem. The FW is currently set at 2.71.
    2: I'd like to downgrade this PSP to FW 1.5. so that I can upgrade it again to one of Dark Alex's 3.10 a or b custom firmware. (or whatever anyone else would recommend as his easiest to use/ or has the most features including Ps1 emulation)
    3: On my old psp (which is a custom 2.71) im running a DEVHOOK Launcher/VSHEX MOD. This runs all my isos perfectly, except of course for newer games like Metal Gear Portable Ops and Virtua Tennis 3 etc...but for the new psp, i'd like it to be able to play all the newer isos PLUS all the classic Ps1 games that I have lying around.

I've already checked out this site : http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html : and i've done exactly what it said for 2.71fw/Ta-082 a buncha times but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Would anybody like to throw me a bone here and help me out? Advice on what I may be doing wrong...Step by step processes would be appreciated...or at least a link to a site that can get me what I want.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    My psp was a ta82/2.71 when i got it and the qj tut worked fine for me.

Which part isnt working for you?

HenD the actual downgrade?

Thanks

Sorry it took me so long to reply...not sleeping is a bitch. Anyway...here are the steps...

1. Open the 2.71 TA-82 or higher downloaded files and extract all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick. *(I extract the .rar files into my MP_root folder..no problems yet)*

2.Copy over the 1.5 update EBOOT.PBP renamed to UPDATE.PBP into X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\ *(I did this as well. I copied over the new EBOOT and then renamed it update.pbp)*

3. Now exit to your PSP and run HEN D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN D folder. (I've done this procedure like 20 times and theres still no HEN D folder in the photo menu. I cant complete the rest of the procedure. Maybe Im just installing everything in the wrong folder?)*

* also...theres a Ta-082 downgrader by Dark_Alex himself.....it includes an "idstoragechange"...whats the deal with that? Anybody use that method?*
    Last edited by Silvershotzero; 13th-May-2007 at 14:25.

Thanks
    EP Points

IDStorage is instructional core of the PSP.
    I suggest not touching anything on that.

You might just land yourself a bricked PSP.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Thanks

Well thats awesome...because I dont intend on touching that now. So no IDStorage for me. I"ll try to go it again from scratch. I'll edit this post later with my results. Thanks everybody

*Well it seems that I've encountered another problem. It turns out i WAS installing everything in the wrong folder. I wasnt installing everything in the ROOT of the memory stick. SO i did that...and I also ran the 1.5 enabler. But the X.YZ program is listed as "corrupt data"....what gives?

*NEVER MIND>>>>I GOT IT.*
    Last edited by Silvershotzero; 15th-May-2007 at 02:13.