Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mame is being a doodoo head.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    What about downloading a rom from a different site (single rom) and testing it, to see if maybe it's the romset you downloaded?
    It's the same romset I used before, which worked fine, with no audio problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Did you yell at it?
    Yes.

Or see if you can change anything about the sound settings.
    I went through rom specific properties, looked at the sound settings, and tried a few things. One setting that seemed to stop the choppiness ended up making lots of sounds repeat themselves instead.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Tried smacking the monitor?

Tried using an older version of the emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Tried smacking the monitor?

Tried using an older version of the emulator?
    No, I'm not smacking the monitor. It might break. Like Windows. Haven't tried an older version, but I did try the Plus version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunade-sama View Post
    No, I'm not smacking the monitor. It might break. Like Windows. Haven't tried an older version, but I did try the Plus version.
    Last time you used the romset, and didn't have any problems, were you using this version?

Thanks
    EP Points

Last time you used the romset, and didn't have any problems, were you using this version?
    Yup.

Thanks

Yup.
    perplexing issue indeed.

I managed to dig this up, dunno if it'll be of any use to you:
    http://www.mame.net/cgi-bin/wwwthrea...ed&sb=#Post305

Thanks
    EP Points

perplexing issue indeed.

I managed to dig this up, dunno if it'll be of any use to you:
    http://www.mame.net/cgi-bin/wwwthrea...ed&sb=#Post305
    Turning on the triple buffer helps a teeny bit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mmmm, you should really try to make the FPS appear on-screen. A little out of sync and it could screw the sound up badly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mmmm, you should really try to make the FPS appear on-screen. A little out of sync and it could screw the sound up badly.
    The FPS is shown through percentage. I turned it on, and noticed that the FPS starts off at 100%, and maybe 20 seconds into a fight, it fluctuates between 70 and 100% a LOT.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, play with those settings (you can set the keys yourself) and see if that helps. You must be running a fighter game. Those tend to be demanding.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, play with those settings (you can set the keys yourself) and see if that helps. You must be running a fighter game. Those tend to be demanding.
    Just did. Fixed the problem. Turned on Triple Buffer, Sync to monitor refresh, and no Throttle. It fixed the audio problem perfectly. Thanks for the help you guys.

The reason why I wanted this fix (other than obviously not wanting to play games with poop sounding audio) is that I have some stages in Mugen that were made from many Capcom fighting games. Mame has the option of recording audio into .wav files, and I have a nifty program to convert them to .mp3 files, which I can then use to configure for background music in those Capcom/Mugen stages.

Thanks
    EP Points

OKAY. Now, when I tested that rom (SFA2) on Mame, the sound seemed corrected. However, it only did so for that rom! I made the changes so that they're default for all roms, but they all have the same sound problem. Oddly enough, I came across a 400MB Mame pack I had on a disc lying around, which I transfered to my PC. Just to see if there'd be any differences. The Mame version in that pack was Mame32k 0.67, and all roms I tested there had perfect audio. No issues at all, and I didn't even configure anything for it. Now, I made comparisons between settings of the Mame version I'm having problems with, and this older pack, but it still has those problems. So, one thing was solved, but another problem arises: I can play the Mame roms on this older Mame version with no audio issues. The new problem is that not all the roms from that 15gig Mame roms pack from Underground Gamer are compatible!! Infact, of a little over 3000 roms, only a hand full were compatible! I noticed the Marvel Super Heroes rom for the newer Mame was 19MB, while the same game on the older Mame version was 20MB. That the hell? I really hate all these different fucking versions crap.

Thanks
    EP Points

OKAY. Now, when I tested that rom (SFA2) on Mame, the sound seemed corrected. However, it only did so for that rom! I made the changes so that they're default for all roms, but they all have the same sound problem. Oddly enough, I came across a 400MB Mame pack I had on a disc lying around, which I transfered to my PC. Just to see if there'd be any differences. The Mame version in that pack was Mame32k 0.67, and all roms I tested there had perfect audio. No issues at all, and I didn't even configure anything for it. Now, I made comparisons between settings of the Mame version I'm having problems with, and this older pack, but it still has those problems. So, one thing was solved, but another problem arises: I can play the Mame roms on this older Mame version with no audio issues. The new problem is that not all the roms from that 15gig Mame roms pack from Underground Gamer are compatible!! Infact, of a little over 3000 roms, only a hand full were compatible! I noticed the Marvel Super Heroes rom for the newer Mame was 19MB, while the same game on the older Mame version was 20MB. That the hell? I really hate all these different fucking versions crap.
    Shush, you!

So I found out what the REAL problem was in the first place. There were no issues with the audio. I made the mistake in moving that huge ass Mame pack to my second HD, and running the game from there. Now, I did make all the directory changes I needed to. But I noticed that I just moved the smaller pack over to the second HD also, so I can use the C drive mainly for PC games. I then began playing some games, and noticed the audio was choppy, yet again. So in my mind, I thought to myself: Nooo.....wait.

So I moved it back to the C drive, and the audio worked normally again. I think this is very strange, I mean, it shouldn't act that way, running off another HD that isn't the main one. But, anyway, that was the problem. Which I think is bullshit.