Thread: Mame32K 0.64 Framerate

Thanks

Default Mame32K 0.64 Framerate

For some reason, the framerate when using Mame32K 0.64 is horrible when playing via kaillera. For example, say I'm playing Street Fighter Alpha 3. I perform a "hadouken". I don't even see the fireball. It flickers so fast or something that it appears invisible on my screen. Or say I jump forward. I don't see the whole animation. I see him move forward, then flicker and suddenly he's in the air, then suddenly he's on the ground again. Stuff like that.

This is causing some real problems, and makes the games unplayable for me. No other arcade emulator does that. Kawaks or even Mame32K 0.67 run flawlessly. Unfortunately, it seems like everyone uses 0.64 nowadays. I've asked around, and this framerate problem (or whatever it is) doesn't seem to happen for anyone else. Nobody wants to switch emulators when I ask, either.

My ping is usually between 20-40 most of the time dpeneding on which server I join, and as I understand it, that's considered very good for netplay connections. I very rarely ever experience lag, so I doubt that lag is the problem.

Seeing as I have no real life friends, playing via kaillera is the only form of competition I can get. And since noone will use any of the emulators that work for me, I'm pretty much dead in the water, here.

Does anyone happen to have any idea what the problem is, and how I can go about fixing it?

Thanks

Are the display options set to default? File > Properties > Display > restore default settings

Thanks

Since it won't let me click on "restore default settings" I'm assuming the settings are already at their default.

Do I need to set them to something specifically?

Thanks

You shouldn't have to, my display, rendering and miscellaneous options are all at default. Other than that there doesn't seem to be any more options in the emu that could be causing this. You could check to see if it happens with one player to narrow the problem down, if it'll help at all and choose Good(20 keyframes) as the connection type for netplay if you haven't been already.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you playing with the window maximised?

If so try playing with the window on its regular size and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

I almost always play with "Good" connection type, so I doubt that's the problem, either.

As for the window size, I always have my windows roughly to a GBA screen size. Maybe a little larger. It sharpens the graphics that way, as having it full screen usually makes everything look all pixilated. I've tried larger screensizes before, but they didn't have any different effect on the framerate
    Last edited by Guy; 2nd-May-2007 at 00:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I almost always play with "Good" connection type, so I doubt that's the problem, either.

As for the window size, I always have my windows roughly to a GBA screen size. Maybe a little larger. It sharpens the graphics that way, as having it full screen usually makes everything look all pixilated. I've tried larger screensizes before, but they didn't have any different effect on the framerate
    One last Q from me than,
    Are you hosting or joining the game?

Thanks

It depends on if a game I feel like playing is currently created and "waiting", or not. So.. both, I suppose. I both join in games, and host my own

edit--
    I suppose nobody knows any more than this, then.

Well, thank you very much for your help thus far. I really appriciate it.
    Last edited by SegNin; 7th-May-2007 at 08:56.