Thread: psp & psx questions

Thanks

Default psp & psx questions

Hi guys. I've got a whole bunch of questions and faithfully as always i know i can come here to hopefully get them answered.

1- Suikoden II problems on psps: I used popstation to create the playable format for my psp and the game seemed to be playing perfectly until i get to a boss battle in the area known as north sparrow pass. The boss doesn’t appear and the characters look like they’ve slowed down. I got the Suikoden II from the torrent so I don’t know if it’s a malfunction on behalf of the firmware or the iso. (((current firmware=3.03 OE-A)))
    2- Upgrading my custom firmware: Since I’m quite happy with the firmware I have at the moment (( mainly because I don’t want to screw up the simple pleasure of being able to play PSX on my psp!!)) Would it be wise to upgrade to Dark Alex most recent firmware that is available and what would be the benefits of this?
    3- Interesting platformers: I’ve recently been playing Abe’s Exodus on my psp and after hours of fun with it I want to venture on to something else but still in the platformer style of gameplay LIKE Abe’s Exodus. Apart from the previous game does anyone know of any.
    4- Extracting stuff from ISO’s: If I want to get certain sound effects from some games… would anyone know of a program which would allow me to do this and a intermediate guide to go with it?
    5- Zelda- Majora’s Mask: With Deadalus being constantly updated is it possible to play the above title on my psp yet? I tried to play castlevania and it wouldn’t work and I couldn’t realise what I was doing wrong… but when I installed Deadalus 9 with Mario it worked perfectly.
    6- DS emulation: This is just a inquiry to whether this is entirely possible as of yet.

I’m sure I had more questions but I think that’s enough for the moment.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DrCross View Post
    Hi guys. I've got a whole bunch of questions and faithfully as always i know i can come here to hopefully get them answered.

1- Suikoden II problems on psps: I used popstation to create the playable format for my psp and the game seemed to be playing perfectly until i get to a boss battle in the area known as north sparrow pass. The boss doesn’t appear and the characters look like they’ve slowed down. I got the Suikoden II from the torrent so I don’t know if it’s a malfunction on behalf of the firmware or the iso. (((current firmware=3.03 OE-A)))
    2- Upgrading my custom firmware: Since I’m quite happy with the firmware I have at the moment (( mainly because I don’t want to screw up the simple pleasure of being able to play PSX on my psp!!)) Would it be wise to upgrade to Dark Alex most recent firmware that is available and what would be the benefits of this?
    3- Interesting platformers: I’ve recently been playing Abe’s Exodus on my psp and after hours of fun with it I want to venture on to something else but still in the platformer style of gameplay LIKE Abe’s Exodus. Apart from the previous game does anyone know of any.
    4- Extracting stuff from ISO’s: If I want to get certain sound effects from some games… would anyone know of a program which would allow me to do this and a intermediate guide to go with it?
    5- Zelda- Majora’s Mask: With Deadalus being constantly updated is it possible to play the above title on my psp yet? I tried to play castlevania and it wouldn’t work and I couldn’t realise what I was doing wrong… but when I installed Deadalus 9 with Mario it worked perfectly.
    6- DS emulation: This is just a inquiry to whether this is entirely possible as of yet.

I’m sure I had more questions but I think that’s enough for the moment.

Thanks for your time.
    I haven't upgraded my PSP yet and I don't emulate PSX on my PSP, so I'll leave those questions unanswered.

3- Make a new thread in General Gaming you are looking for suggestions.
    5- I don't think that's playable yet. Here's a compatibility list.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23616
    6- No$GBA and DeSmuME can both run DS roms, don't expect too much as they are still in early stages of development. Again, you better check some compatibility lists to have a more accurate idea:
    http://www.desmume.com/nds-roms-compatible.htm
    http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=37047

Thanks

thanks Cookie.

Does anyone else have any answers?

Thanks
    EP Points

2- with any new firmware the PSX Emu is better. i have upgraded from 3.03 OE B to 3.30 OEA -> 3.30 OEA' because i have got some trouble with the NTSC games on my european PSP. The same goes for you if you play PAL games i think. This has been fixed after 3.10 OE firmwares.
    1- i have converted my Suikoden II Pal german release and it does not work, but i think that is my bad Suikoden copy You and i should scan our games with cdmage and see if there are some errors that needs to be fixed. There was a request threat for files to use with cdmage to correct bad files, but i think it's gone

Thanks

would i have to change the games i've used with popstation to work with a new popstation for the new custom firmware?

Does anyone have any links to guides for this?

Also can i play psp games through my router? I never actually found out about that.

Thanks for the info on Suikoden.

just used cdmage to scan the problem... it had 3 corrupted sectors and it could only fix one. What should i do next regarding saving the new image and also fixing the others?

Could i use this program to extract sounds from games?

Edit again: Can anyone help me with this sfx extraction thingy? I'm desperately trying to get the Slig sfx from Abes Exodus!
    Last edited by DrCross; 3rd-May-2007 at 11:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

would i have to change the games i've used with popstation to work with a new popstation for the new custom firmware?
    yes, i would do so, but you can also use Lolstation (its a plugin)

just used cdmage to scan the problem... it had 3 corrupted sectors and it could only fix one. What should i do next regarding saving the new image and also fixing the others?
    find out wich file it is and make a request for that file. then you can change the files and got a error free copy

Could i use this program to extract sounds from games?
    from PSP or PSX games ?

Thanks

where would i make a request for that file?

Its psx music.

Thanks
    EP Points

Its psx music.
    In the Gaming Music or Goodies I believe its called section.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Its psx music.
    Actually, if you're looking for help with fixing the errors in your ISO, your best bet would be to request that file here:
    http://www.epforums.org/ep-complete-...4/index30.html

Thanks

how would i know what file to request on the broken ISO?

Thanks
    EP Points

you find out with cdmage, but i can't tell you that right now. I have not used cdmage in the last 5 or 6 month. The Tutorial about cdmage and fixing errors was made by Zorlon before the forum "crash" if i am thinking right. I want that back

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Here's Zorlon's guide:
    http://www.epforums.org/cd-image-rep....html?p=523144

And here's a newer, more detailed one by Haldrie:
    http://haldrie.com/cdmage.html

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Here's Zorlon's guide:
    http://www.epforums.org/cd-image-rep....html?p=523144

And here's a newer, more detailed one by Haldrie:
    http://haldrie.com/cdmage.html
    thanks SegNin and thanks to Haldrie for a nice Tutorial.
    "Locate Content Of Sectors" was the right option :eyeball: