Thread: Seems i can't run ISO's on my PS :(

Thanks

Default Seems i can't run ISO's on my PS :(

Hello Everyone. Obviously i am new to these forums so please don't punish me for the following noobish question:

I have downloaded the Harvest Moon Back to Nature ISO from emuparadise and burned it with Alcohol at 4 times speed in RAW DAO Mode to a CD.

For playing backups and imported games (i actually have a PAL Playstation) i use a bootcartridge device called gamehunter. The Console itself is the good old original playstation not the small one (PSOne or what it was named) or anything like that. Works exellent with imported games and with backups. But however. Every single Screen on the beginning of the Game (like the developer logo) takes FOREVER (seriously) to load.

Same with the Final Fantasy Tactics, which is also offered on emuparadise. Burned with Alcohol 120%, RAW DAO, 4 times speed (see? i already searched the forum once ). Here the game won't boot and when i put the freshly burned CD into my PC's CD-ROM drive, to check if there is anything on it, it displays nothing in the windows explorer, but the CD isn't shown as empty when I try to burn something on it again.

Welll so I hope that you have any Idea what i have done wrong. If you need any further information, feel free to ask and sorry again for my "bit-nooby-but-also-not-absolutly-stupid-question"

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe try burning it with DAO/SAO like it says in this guide?
    http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...53&postcount=3

Thanks

What Version of Alcohol does this refer to? Because if i enter the write-speed and write mode in the Settings and select Playstation in the Drop-Down Menu it switches back to user defined (or whatever the option is called in the english version) and selects maximum writing speed and RAW DAO.

Thanks
    EP Points

Does your PSX play CDRs burnt, but were downloaded elsewhere?/burnt on a different program..?

Thanks

Well it plays cd's burnt from original CD's with Clone CD and all the Stuff that we used back in errr 2000 or 2001. That's the only other burned Playstation games i still have but don't ask me how they were burned exactly because a friend did that for me. I am momentaniously trying to burn like the guide above said but without having selected "Play Station". You think that can work? Anyway my Alcohol also has an option like "activate buffer underrun technology" Should i activae this or not?

Thanks
    EP Points

I've always left buffer underrun on.

Thanks

Well for the moment it seems to "work". Not really good (Loadingtime and Videos) but playable. So thank you for now. Nice Forums. Will drop in sometime (at least when i find a new question. )

Thanks
    EP Points

I think your problems are down to your PSX's laser...